Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Um, It's not even a trade idea, if you read that first post he said it was for a fantasy game, and he needed a perspective from the raptors point of view since Bosh was on his team.

For a fantasy team you obviously take Kenyon no questions asked. In real life, I take Bosh, he has more upside in his game, but it is aruguable.

·
Registered
830 Posts
yeah its for a fantasy game i'm playing with an old buddy from high school. (I actually have a few teams with a couple other friends too) My Hypothetical team drafted bosh this year. We are trying to be as realistic as possible with trades, etc. Kenyon is possibly on the trading block. I wanted to know if Nets fans would make the deal. ie. if the majority of nets fans liked the traded it would it would be allowed in my fantasy hoops game.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!
K. MARTIN FOR BOSH NO WAY

CB4/KM
Carter182 cracks me up... If it was a reality proposal, I would do it. JUST THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE UNTILL YOU FLAME ME. Kenyon Martin has proven himself, and are we certain that Bosh will become a tremendous player at Garnett's, or even Rasheed Wallace's level?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
It would be a hard trade for the Raps to turn down.

Raps are not well positioned for the future. We don't know how long VC will last in the league with his knees. We only have Bosh and possibly MasonJr as our future.

Raps would gladly have traded the 4 pick on draft day for Rasheed or KMart.

A dominant inside player like KMart who brings it every night is just what our team needs this year to go deep in the playoffs.

Bosh is a natural shooter, which puts him far ahead of most bigs coming into the league. You can turn a bad shooter into a decent shooter but you cannot, but unless you are a good shooter by the time you are 20/21 you will never be a great shooter.

Bosh has good quickness and instincts. He is a hard worker and good kid. But we don't know how his body will hold up to an NBA schedule yet, or if he can become a strong finisher inside.

I think the Raps would have to do this trade. We could challenge for the EC title this year and the next 2 or 3 before VC, Jalen, Yell or Alvin potentially break down.

There is a good chance that we will have nothing to put around Bosh in 3 years.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm not trying to be picky, but isn't your post contradicting itself, lucky777s? We'd be willing to trade Bosh to put more talent around Bosh in the future?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Not what I said.

Don't know if it is my writing skills or your reading skills, so I will try again.

We have nothing concrete for the future of the franchise other than Bosh. If we make no big moves we could be really bad 3 years from now. Big health and productivity concerns with VC, Jalen, and Alvin.

Making this trade, we would have a chance to win right now with KMart, VC, Alvin, Marshall, MoP, Rose, etc. For the next few years we would have a chance at the finals.

KMart gives us what we need right now to win the East.

Bosh has shown all the skills and attitude to become a superstar but that is never guaranteed and by the time he is ready to carry the team who knows what we can expect from VC, Jalen, and Alvin who are definitely under contract.

Keeping Bosh, even if he becomes a superstar means nothing if we can't put the right pieces around him. And we have seen how hard that can be with Vince.

For these reasons I would think the Raps would have to do the trade if it was offered.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
ummm, this is just a fantasy league trade. does it really matter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts