Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would really appreciate some feedback on this trade idea from Cavs and Laker fans.

Lakers trade:
Shaq
Sampson

Cavs trade:
Ilgauskis(spl?)
Eric Williams
Tony Battie
Carlos Boozer

Works salary cap wise btw.

Cavs new lineup:

Shaq,Diop,Boutjme
(free agent),Sampson
Brown,Newble
Lebron,Kapono
Mciniss,Wagner

Lakers new lineup:

Z,Battie
Boozer,Slava,Cook
George,Williams,Walton
Kobe,Rush
(Free agent),Fisher

First let me begin by saying. This trade would take place over the summer. Regardless if the Lakers if the Lakers win the title or not. Im one of those Laker fans that has a feeling that the Lakers may have to make major changes if they want to keep Kobe in a Lakers uni. Payton and Karl more than likely wont be back. The Lakers have yet to offer Shaq a contract extension. I believe that's happened for a reason. Shaq has 2 or 3 really solid seasons left in him. I dont believe the Lakers want to invest too much more money in Shaq.

I believe they will take the steps to rebuild around Kobe. That's why I believe the Lakers would look at a deal such as the one above. Lakers lose the most dominate force in the league. However, they get back nice size in return. Along with youth and upside. Players that would fit Kobe's style of play, IMO.

Cavs do this trade because Shaq would make them immediate contenders. Especially in the East. Shaq would dominate. Lebron would have a great big man to help take pressure off of him. Shaq+Lebron=EVEN BIGGER BOX OFFICE in Cleveland. The Cavs would actually contend for the title for 2 or 3 years to come.

So Cavs fans, would you like a trade like this?

Laker fans, do you think Kobe could lead this group of young guys to the playoffs? Possibly the finals coming out of the tough Western Conf?

One more thing. Laker fans, i checked out the list of free agent point guards for next season. The name that popped out at me was Steve Nash. How would Nash look in the purple and gold?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Eric Williams would have to still be signed or signed again, of course.

I would be torn on a team with Lebron and Shaq. But it ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is a trade, that would never happen under any circumstances, first of all-> the lakers dont really trade players, they let them stay till they wish to retire, second of all-> the lakers could get a lot more than carlos boozer and z for shaq, as much as i would like to see shaq traded sometime before 2012 so the lakers can be built around kobe, there are definitly a lot more players that we could recieve in return for shaq

I would love to see Steve Nash as a Laker, i could deifitnly see him fit in with the team especially, but that once again would probably never happen, regradless if gary is with the team or not

·
Registered
123 Posts
why would you want to get rid of booze? hes the second best player on the team! and eric williams is close to the best defender!

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Interesting trade, never gonna happen...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts