Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shawn Marion for Kwame and Hughes or Stackhouse, who would go to Utah to make the trade possible under the cap.

Picks would be involved to balance it out a little better.

I know Kwame has played better lately but I think this is a pretty damn good deal for Washington.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Marion for Kwame and Hughes sounds pretty fair.

Would I do it? That would be a tough call. I want to say yes, but I love what Kwame can be, and I think if Hayes can get his shot down this summer, he can fill in the 3 adequately. Make no mistake about it, the Suns would be giving up the best player in this deal, which usually means the other team is the winner.

At the end of the day though, this is a big for small, and the Wizards should have learned that lesson by now.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
marion is good, but not good enough for hughes and kwame who both are finally becoming good offensive machines.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Shawn Marion is having an awful year, and he is maxed out. If he keeps stinking it up, he will soon be seen as one of the most terrible contracts in the NBA, and no one will want him. Especially not for Kwame Brown, a guy who looks like an up-and-coming star right now. I'd be surprised if the Suns could get much for the Matrix right now, and certainly the Wizards would laugh at this offer.

Bottom line, Marion had the chance to step up and be the leader of the Suns when Marbury got traded, and he failed. Joe Johnson stepped up instead. What makes you think he'd be more successful if he was given the same chance in Washington?

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
Shawn Marion is having an awful year, and he is maxed out. If he keeps stinking it up, he will soon be seen as one of the most terrible contracts in the NBA, and no one will want him. Especially not for Kwame Brown, a guy who looks like an up-and-coming star right now. I'd be surprised if the Suns could get much for the Matrix right now, and certainly the Wizards would laugh at this offer.

Bottom line, Marion had the chance to step up and be the leader of the Suns when Marbury got traded, and he failed. Joe Johnson stepped up instead. What makes you think he'd be more successful if he was given the same chance in Washington?
Are you serious? How is 19 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.1 stl and 1.6 blk stinking it up?:uhoh:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
The only thnig that disturbs me about Marion is his shot release :upset:

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Seriously, you guys are overrating Marion and underrating Hughes. Marion is better no doubt, but he's not so much better where we would throw Kwame in too.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Good for Shawn Marion if he can score 19 ppg by taking retarded shots and hogging the ball from better scorers. It may fool fans who only look at ppg to evaluate a player, but it doesn't fool everyone. Marion used to have one of the better FG %'s in the NBA among wing players who take a lot of shots. This year, his shot is disgustingly bad. The first two options on that team should be Amare Stoudemire and Joe Johnson, but for some reason Marion continues to demand shots.

He is still a great rebounder, easily the best rebounding SF in the NBA. But I don't think that justifies his max contract, not even close.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marion is still shooting better than Pierce, Kobe, Lebron, TMac...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I would've done it earlier in the season, but the way Kwame has been producing as of late, and with Hughes doing great even with the return of Arenas and Stackhouse, I am compelled to say TRADED REJECTED.

·
Registered
72 Posts
FOR ALL YOU MARION HATERS:

HE IS 3 OF 6 FROM THE 3 POINT LINE TONIGHT. AND WHO GIVES A CRAP AS TO HOW HE SHOOTS THE BALL, AS LONG AS IT GOES IN. IN CASE YOU HADN'T NOTICED, MARION HASN'T CHANGED HIS SHOT SINCE HE HAS BEEN IN THE LEAGUE SO IT IS NOT LIKE HE ADOPTED SOME NEW SHOOTING TECHNIQUE.

ALSO, MARION IS NOT A BALLHOG. HE SHOOTS WHEN HE IS OPEN AND SHOOTS IN THE LANE ON THE FASTBREAK.

AND ALL OF YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT, I WOULDN'T ACCEPT THE TRADE EITHER. IN FACT, IF I WERE PHOENIX I WOULDN'T EVEN CONSIDER IT.

YOU DON'T HAVE A GOOD TEAM BY REBUILDING EVERY YEAR, WHICH IS ESSENTIALLY WHAT THE SUNS DO. AND ONLY HAVING TWO GO TO GUYS IN THE NBA ON ONE TEAM IS NOT THE WAY TO WIN. LOOK AT THE KINGS AND THINK HOW MANY WEAPONS THEY HAVE ON OFFENSE...MILLER, STOJAKOVIC, BIBBY, JACKSON, CHRISTIE, WEBBER, ETC.

Marion is way better than any of those jokers on the Wizards...except for Arenas. Gilbert is tight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts