Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the Clippers are in great shape for the upcoming season and if they made no more trades I would be perfectly happy. BUT I still think Maggette doesn't quite fit on this team, and I would like to get something for him before he is a FA. And I like Ely more than Wilcox because he can back up C too. I have heard that the Clippers might play him on the wing, in which case this all changes, but if Wicox stays with us this season he will get about 5 min a game. (Backing up Brand) This will hurt his value so I say we try and get something for these players if we can. What do you think these two packaged together or seperaty would get us? I would love to get a high draft pick for next year to try and get James White or another player to help our depth at the SG/SF position and also help with the highlights. Who do you think we could/should get?

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Wilcox is athletic enough to fill in for the job of basically what Miles did. Wilcox body is still not filled out so he has the build more of a SF while he is listed as a PF. He will see time at both positions and I think he should be kept.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't see the Clips making anymore trades, Wilcox just signed yesterday & I expect Ely to be signed shortly, once you signed Wilcox or Ely they cannot be traded until Dec 15.So right now Wilcox cannot be moved or included in any trade.
I think the Clips will need CMagg for his defense & he will backup Lamar at the 3, he can also play the 2 and backup Q, so I think he will get his mins just like Wilcox will get his mins backing up EB at the 4 and also playing some at the 3.
Clips are going to need all the help they can get on the front line if they want to get a 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs so it is good that they have all this depth up front.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by basketball_jesus
That would be great if he could play some small forward, but is he quick enough to guard some of the 6'6 SF's in the league?
He may not be quick enough to keep up with some of the SF's in the league, but there isn't very many SF's who can guard every SF in the league. He is good enough to play some back-up SF and he can back up EB at PF. Point blank

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
justclipping and alenive your points are both well taken. In the powerforward mecca known as the west it doesn't hurt to have good frontcourt depth, and now that I think of it Chris Wilcox can make some matchup problems at the 3 too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
wilcox put the cuffs on dunleavy in college, so if you think dunleavy is gonna be a good sf that might be a good measuring stick for his defensive purposes, his length and strength may make up for his lack of speed even though hes not exactly slow, but he isnt gonna be going outside on offesne and they already have 2 post players.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everyone should be able to dominate Mike Dunleavy as he is going to suck in the league. Like Keith Van Horn and I mean that in a bad way.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Clipps need to stay huge up front in the west

The Clipps will keep both of their Bigs - Wilcox & Ely.
A lot of people might look at it as overstacked upfront?? I don't think so, PT might be the only biggest question here, but they'll provide front line help.

We all know the west is big, I remember in some of the Clipp games last year, they looked thin upfront, (injuries to Odom) Brand was holding his own, Kandi was bangin alongside. With Ely....he's considered to back-up Kandi, Wilcox behind Brand, and both of these players can switch to 4 or 5 all year long, especially when they play the eastern teams, they have an advantage now, and they both know playing time will fall into it's place. They'll get theirs!!

As for Dunleavy Jr. He better get his shots down from the perimeter!?!?
He's no where near a physical player, he's gonna get bumped-banged & bruised in the paint, at most....he'll be decent, more of a compliment player for his team. I wouldn't have taken him that high up in the draft at all........can we say Caron Butler???
;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Since Wilcox signed, he cannot be traded until December.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts