New Jersey trades: Devin Harris, Chris Douglas-Roberts
New Jersey receives: Jason Thompson, Omri Casspi, 2010 first round pick

Sacramento trades: Jason Thompson, Omri Casspi, 2010 first round pick
Sacramento receives: Devin Harris, Chris Douglas-Roberts

Deal is official.

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
I'm not sure why the Nets need to do this but it seems like a fair trade.

I really like what Sacramento has done so far.

Harris-Evans-Landry-Nene is a very good core

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Sacramento....making moves. All you need now is a shooter @ the 3.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
The Sacramento Kings welcome Devin Harris. We feel he's an ideal fit next to Tyreke in the backcourt, which should be one of the most exciting in the NBA. Devin is an All-Star calibre player, and while we hoped not to trade our 1st round pick, we felt this deal positions us for continued success in the very near future.

Rest assured we are still tinkering with the roster and will continue to bring the best brand of basketball to the city.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Devin Harris is most certainly NOT an ideal fit next to Tyreke. Neither of them can shoot worth a lick. You have two guards who strong suits are driving, and weak suites are shooting. I mean, it's not a bad deal in terms of talent for both teams, but the fit is far from ideal.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Harris can shoot a bit, he's improved in that area. Obviously their strengths are attacking the paint, but I think they can play together.
Harri's 3ga is 38 and his 3g% is 28. He's a below average shooter who will probably shoot more than he should. If one of the two was a good three point shooter this would be a great deal, but unfortunately that's not the case.

You DESPERATELY need a shooter. Kind of amusing you traded away Casspi in the deal and got CDR, another terrible three point shooter back. You guys got pretty good value, but what you got is not an ideal fit within your team's concept.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts