Orlando trades: JJ Redick, Matt Barnes, Marcin Gortat
Orlando receives: Hedo Turkoglu, Rasho Nesterovic

Toronto trades: JJ Redick, Matt Barnes, Marcin Gortat
Toronto receives: Hedo Turkoglu, Rasho Nesterovic

Deal is official.

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
Toronto never heard of the phrase, "5 nickels don't equal a quarter in basketball trades."

they traded their biggest trade chip outside of Bosh for a overpaid backup centre and 2 backup wings who are fringe starters.

Excellent trade for Orlando though.

·
Self-Proclaimed Expert
4,841 Posts
I really quite like this trade for Toronto. Gortat is a solid defensive presence, which they didn't have, JJ is just *begging* to get a player upgrade request, and is still a hell of a shooter, and Barnes is a solid Turk replacement.

Turk's ratings are still good from the 08-09 season though, so the Magic got the best player in the deal.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Bad deal if you're looking at this year solely, but in a few seasons that Hedo contract is going to be bad. I can see the angle of both teams, and it makes sense. Good trade.

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
true, I was thinking too much of the real life implications of the Gortat contract, but realized that his contract is not a big deal in a sim when he is still young

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Bad deal if you're looking at this year solely, but in a few seasons that Hedo contract is going to be bad. I can see the angle of both teams, and it makes sense. Good trade.
Agreed.

Magic could reclaim the Finals yr, and Raps getting better defensively with Barnes and Gortat (pretty good pairing with Bosh if he stays) and shooter with JJ.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
god i stayed away from the internet for a few hour and **** goes down. did not see why we traded our biggest trade piece for mediocre players. basically if we want this trade we could have done it any time. rather have waited for better deals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts