Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard alot of talk lately that the Celtics are thinking about making a trade to aquire a SG so that Paul Pierce can move back to his true position at the SF spot. I haven't heard any names mentioned, but does anyone have any idea of who they might go for?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bonzi Wells

The sg who would look best in green is Bonzi Wells, he has a great shot, with paul and twan with double teams, he should get plenty of open looks, i for one would rather sign him than bring back rogers, if it means being in the luxury threshold one year, Gaston/Wallace should do it. KB is 6th man, and the c's skip through the east with bonzi.

Anyone see comments about Donyell Marshall on ESPN chat with Aldrige?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Yes I have seen things on the espn message boards of wanting the C's to get Bonzi and/or Donyell, but what I really don't get is how those guys on the espn boards can say that we don't need Rodney and get 4 other good guys. That's impossible they think that you can replace Rodney with 4 different people, they go like
Player 1: 3 ppg, this and that
Player 2: 2 ppg, this and that
Player 3: 4 ppg, this and that
Player 4: 1 ppg, this and that
which equals out to Rodney's 10 ppg....OK
so that means that the celtics will need to play 8 on 5. instead 5 on 5! Does everyone get what I mean?

·
Registered
6 Posts
just to clarify, David Aldridge had a chat a HE mentioned that Donyell Marshall would be a perfect fit in Boston, more so than Rogers.

"Yes I have seen things on the espn message boards of wanting the C's to get Bonzi and/or Donyell, but what I really don't get is how those guys on the espn boards can say that we don't need Rodney and get 4 other good guys"

most of the posters on the c's board on espn are solid (sapp, reggie, jk, amenhotep, etc.) but there is so much crap about mario elie and Walker for duncan i need to find a new forum ( artist know as33bernie34)

The main reason i wouldn't mind not seeing rodney back is pt, once vitaly is healthy, he is a solid contributor off the bench, didn't we win 6 in a row when he started? He would limit rogers minutes strictly to SF where he would be sharing time with Ewill and Kedrick, and it could turn into a very messup up rotation between the three of 15 minutes for rogers, 20 for ewill, and 10 for kb. If we want to see what kb can really do, i don't think we can bring back Rogers.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
You are right, but then we didn't get anything out of the trade. We just gave away a great potential player (now I sound like you guys on the espn boards)

BTW any chance that you can get some of the guys onto these boards??? I still go to the espn boards, but I can't post since I don't want to give them my MSN email address and they want a credit card number! Yeah sure they can forget that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't worry about giving them your email, i did, got no junk mail, just the single email for registration just like here and that was it. I'm going to tell the solid posters over there about these boards which look troll free and actually basketball discussions are involved. I remember you posting there, anyone else from espns c's board here?

"You are right, but then we didn't get anything out of the trade. We just gave away a great potential player (now I sound like you guys on the espn boards) "

i disagree there, if vitaly never got hurt i agree, but when he got hurt if we never got rogers, blount would have played big minutes and walta would have been the only sub for twan. The trade got us playoff expierience and everything paul and twan carry on from that season.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by IGrowHemp
... I remember you posting there, anyone else from espns c's board here?
I never posted there I only looked at messages ('cause I didn't want to give my email address), but yes I have seen the_truth on the espn boards also.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by IGrowHemp

"You are right, but then we didn't get anything out of the trade. We just gave away a great potential player (now I sound like you guys on the espn boards) "

i disagree there, if vitaly never got hurt i agree, but when he got hurt if we never got rogers, blount would have played big minutes and walta would have been the only sub for twan. The trade got us playoff expierience and everything paul and twan carry on from that season.
Yes but that trade only lasted for half a season, I'd rather wait for Johnson to develop and eveyone else get playoff experience and then even win the title.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i agree about how a trade for 1/2 a year has a major downside, but had we not made it, would we have made it past philly with blount playing 20minutes at center and then OB playing Walta 20 minutes backing up Ewill? It might have been worth it to give up Johnson to get to the EC finals, especially since walker saw he wore out at the end of the year and is focusing on lower body workouts, if rogers was brought back, could anyone help paul and toine more than him in the wieght room? Either way, with KB and Cook added to the mix next year, the futures looking bright

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Blount should have played more minutes and walta should have played MANY less minutes. Every time he played more then 5 per game he sucked, when he came for the last minute of every quarter he made a major contribution. Blount is a great and real center in that one game he played he did great I really don't know why OB didn't play him much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts