Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@WojYahooNBA: Houston has traded Sam Dalembert as part of a package to Milwaukee, league sources tell Y!

@WojYahooNBA: Dalembert and the 14th pick go the Bucks for the 12th pick, Jon Brockman, Jon Leurer and Brockman, sources tell Y!
@WojYahooNBA: Shaun Livingston also goes to the Rockets as part of the package, sources tell Y!

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Rockets send Dalembert/#14 to Bucks for #12/Leurer/Brockman

Dalembert and the 14th pick go the Bucks for the 12th pick, Jon Brockman, Jon Leurer and Brockman, sources tell Y!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Re: TRADE: Houston sends Dalembert to Bucks

Hmmm... the Bucks traded down and got the old man in the deal... and don't save any cap money in the process?

Houston inches closer to Dwight... and I do mean "inches".

·
do better
41,522 Posts
re: TRADE: Rockets send Dalembert/#14 to Bucks for #12/Leurer/Brockman

I keep thinking about Rivers' promise and it was either Phoenix or Houston IMO, so Houston is trying to move up to steal him.

Dalembert is a pretty good look for Milwaukee I guess.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
The bucks needed a center and now they dont have to draft Zeller orl leanord. I am happy anou that alone

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
The bucks needed a center and now they dont have to draft Zeller orl leanord. I am happy anou that alone
They will still probably draft one of them to be a backup and develop.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Also trading down two picks for a legit starting center is not alot to give up. The Players thrown in are just scraps

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Re: TRADE: Rockets send Dalembert/#14 to Bucks for #12/Livingston/Leurer/Brockman

They will still probably draft one of them to be a backup and develop.
We already have udoh ans sanders as developmental big men. Im guessing ross or one of th jones at 14. Good chance we may have taken them at 12 from what i have heard

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Love this for the Bucks. Dalembert is a solid big man, and to attain him for this little is a savvy move to make.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Not sure why the Rockets would trade Dalembert unless they knew they were getting a big somewhere else. He played well enough for them last year. They are really all-in on this Dwight thing I guess.

For the Bucks, this helps ease loss of Bogut in the Ellis trade last year.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Re: TRADE: Rockets send Dalembert/#14 to Bucks for #12/Livingston/Leurer/Brockman

We already have udoh ans sanders as developmental big men. Im guessing ross or one of th jones at 14. Good chance we may have taken them at 12 from what i have heard
You can never have too many young bigs. I hope they just get the best player. Apparently the guy they wanted at 12 will be there at 14. Not a bad deal at all.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Not sure why the Rockets would trade Dalembert unless they knew they were getting a big somewhere else. He played well enough for them last year. They are really all-in on this Dwight thing I guess.
This was a move to clear more cap space and possibly acquire more assets to send to Orlando. Dalembert's contract was guaranteed for $1.5 mil. This trade adds 500k if Houston was going to buy him out, but like I said, adds a few more young assets to include in a trade.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I believe so but if they have to take back Hedo it's impossible
Not necessarily so. New GM, who knows what he has the guts to do. Nobody wants Hedo.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Shit, well Orlando won't let Dwight happen. Houston doesn't have a ton of leverage they're not offering some can't miss package

Brooklyn's willing to take Hedo

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Shit, well Orlando won't let Dwight happen. Houston doesn't have a ton of leverage they're not offering some can't miss package

...And Howard will walk after next season. Orlando has no leverage at all. They gave that away when they acquired people like Arenas and brought Hedo back.

This is why you never take back bad contracts. They hurt you for years and years.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts

Again, Brooklyn is also offering a 2nd rate package for Dwight, compared to what Houston is willing to give up.

Would you rather dump Hedo, acquire Lopez as a RFA, Brooks, and a few late future 1sts

or

Potentially Lowry, Kevin Martin, possible fillers, and at the very least 3 firsts this year (one lottery) with the potential for one high lottery pick and one late lottery pick

1 - 20 of 54 Posts