Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

TRADE: Rockets send Dalembert/#14 to Bucks for #12/Livingston/Leuer/Brockman

2K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  Bogg 
#1 ·
@WojYahooNBA: Houston has traded Sam Dalembert as part of a package to Milwaukee, league sources tell Y!

@WojYahooNBA: Dalembert and the 14th pick go the Bucks for the 12th pick, Jon Brockman, Jon Leurer and Brockman, sources tell Y!
@WojYahooNBA: Shaun Livingston also goes to the Rockets as part of the package, sources tell Y!

#3 ·
Re: TRADE: Houston sends Dalembert to Bucks

Hmmm... the Bucks traded down and got the old man in the deal... and don't save any cap money in the process?

Houston inches closer to Dwight... and I do mean "inches".

#4 ·
re: TRADE: Rockets send Dalembert/#14 to Bucks for #12/Leurer/Brockman

I keep thinking about Rivers' promise and it was either Phoenix or Houston IMO, so Houston is trying to move up to steal him.

Dalembert is a pretty good look for Milwaukee I guess.

#11 ·
Love this for the Bucks. Dalembert is a solid big man, and to attain him for this little is a savvy move to make.

#12 ·
Not sure why the Rockets would trade Dalembert unless they knew they were getting a big somewhere else. He played well enough for them last year. They are really all-in on this Dwight thing I guess.

For the Bucks, this helps ease loss of Bogut in the Ellis trade last year.

#15 ·
Not sure why the Rockets would trade Dalembert unless they knew they were getting a big somewhere else. He played well enough for them last year. They are really all-in on this Dwight thing I guess.
This was a move to clear more cap space and possibly acquire more assets to send to Orlando. Dalembert's contract was guaranteed for $1.5 mil. This trade adds 500k if Houston was going to buy him out, but like I said, adds a few more young assets to include in a trade.

#19 ·
...And Howard will walk after next season. Orlando has no leverage at all. They gave that away when they acquired people like Arenas and brought Hedo back.

This is why you never take back bad contracts. They hurt you for years and years.

#23 ·
#24 ·
Is it just me, or do you guys love Morey's aggressive GMing whether or not he turns these assets into anything significant?

#51 ·
Definitely enjoying it, if you're going down you might as well go down swinging. Always a shot you hit a homerun too.

#26 ·
As long as they have back up plans if the trades don't go through.

But if this ends up just turning into a stockpile of pretty good players and they have an extremely average team it'll suck. I'll repeat I generally like it when mediocre teams still try to compete and flip assets into a better player but they've been at it for like 4 years to no avail. This better turn into something really good for them.

I don't think this is aggression as much as desperation. Houston struck out on every name of the past 3 years. They were held back because they still had a full cap number from the days they were trying to build around Yao but you can't use that excuse forever.

#34 ·
When you build a team. You have already scouted every player in the league, international, college, etc... You already know which players fit what you do.

You don't hold Lopez out there and say "what will you give me for him?". You have already called teams ahead of time who have players you want. The deal is already done.

You already know if Lopez fits. You already know if you can get the right players for him. If the answers are no, you don't do the deal. Simple !

#39 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.