Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing that if the Clippers cannot bring in Dre Miller or Baron Davis then they have a trade in place with the Sixers that would send Lamar Odom for Eric Snow. At first look it looks very lopsided but take into consideration that the Clippers need a veteran PG who can run a team very badly, also Odom has lost favor with management because of his drug problems, and they can easily replace Odom with D miles and Maggette. Looks like a great deal that would put the Sixers back atop the east.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by iverson3
I have been hearing that if the Clippers cannot bring in Dre Miller or Baron Davis then they have a trade in place with the Sixers that would send Lamar Odom for Eric Snow. At first look it looks very lopsided but take into consideration that the Clippers need a veteran PG who can run a team very badly, also Odom has lost favor with management because of his drug problems, and they can easily replace Odom with D miles and Maggette. Looks like a great deal that would put the Sixers back atop the east.
I totally agree that it would put the sixers back near the top, but word out of LA is that Odom has been working out and looks GREAT. Unfortunatley it wont happen

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
I don't want Odom.. I want Maggette.

I watched Maggette in games last year (like against the Lakers), where the man just exploded and was playing so well that they had to severely limit D. Miles' minutes. We all know that C.Maggs is the odd man out in their logjam at SF/SG, so why not take him?

And even if I'm not too fond of dealing off Snow, getting a second scorer, and quality perimeter defender like Maggette is worth while. And also for other Sixer fans to realize, McKie was the man running point guard when we accumalated the 41-14 record in our Eastern Championship year.

But only problem with this plan, is it would call for us to bring in a veteran PG for the exception, or league minimum, to come off the bench.

That'd make the lineup of:

McKie, Iverson, Maggette, Coleman, Mutombo

Doesn't sound too impressive, but it does give us a secondary scorer, and is such an improvement over Harpring, it's not funny.

-Tim

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by iverson3
Yeah, but who would play PG for Philly?

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: Re: trade rumor

Originally posted by The X Factor

Yeah, but who would play PG for Philly?
If that were to happen Odom would become the Point Forward. Same thing Scottie did and Chicago and now does in Portland

1 - 5 of 5 Posts