Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a trade rumor of Melvin Ely and Marco Jaric for Marcus Fizer. Orlando really needs to get on this. Orlando could offer both DeClerq and Giricek, both of whom I believe are free agents after this season .... I think the salaries might be close, and Clips are trying to clear some more room to go for Kobe.

Ely and Jaric could both help Orlando ...

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
LoL

never heard of them but i wouldnt mind..

xcept dqlerq is awesome:)

who are the other 2 guys u mentioned...lol..they probably had their career highs playing vs. orlando:)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I would definitely do DeClercq and Giricek for Jaric and Ely, but I don't think the Clippers would do this trade.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>MagicStick</b>!
I would definitely do DeClercq and Giricek for Jaric and Ely, but I don't think the Clippers would do this trade.
Well, the main reason they would do it would be for cap relief to try and sign Kobe this summer. They've got Brand, Wilcox, and Kaman as bigs .. so they dont really need Ely. I'm not sure they wanna get rid of Jaric though, he is a pretty good player.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
jaric imo, is equal or slightly better/worse than giricek. ely however, >>>>> declerq, which is why this would be a good trade. besides, giricek, has been inconsistent. he's a good player though, but we need some consistency from him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The trade is deffinately better for LAC than the Fizer trade although I think the Fizer trade is a lock. The bulls just finished the buyout of Jwill's contract and that leaves an open roster spot to make the 2 for 1 trade. Especially with all the rumor buzz it sounds preatty serious anyway.

If TMac had signed with the bulls we would have the best team in the East and he would be a SUPERSTAR but the fool signed with orlando and we still have a better record and Tyson has missed the whole season basicaly. Tyson is coming back any day now and watch for the bulls to slowly claw their way back into the playoff hunt!

Go Bulls!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh yeah the bulls lineup had mcgrady signed would have looked something like

PG Jamal Crawford
SG TMAC
SF Ron Artest
PF Elton Brand
C Eddy Curry (yep that was the draft pick they had that summer)

Screw best team in the east what about best in the LEAGUE!!!
Look what he messed up!:upset:

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>ViperBoy84</b>!
The trade is deffinately better for LAC than the Fizer trade although I think the Fizer trade is a lock. The bulls just finished the buyout of Jwill's contract and that leaves an open roster spot to make the 2 for 1 trade. Especially with all the rumor buzz it sounds preatty serious anyway.

If TMac had signed with the bulls we would have the best team in the East and he would be a SUPERSTAR but the fool signed with orlando and we still have a better record and Tyson has missed the whole season basicaly. Tyson is coming back any day now and watch for the bulls to slowly claw their way back into the playoff hunt!

Go Bulls!
Had Grant Hill returned healthy as expected, the threesome of Tmac, Hill, and Miller would have been killing the East the last few years.

And he is already a superstar .. All-Star, All-NBA 1st Team, Scoring Champion ...

Plus, Chicago has been re-building for what now, 6 years.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
There's no guarantee's in this biz!.. With all the Kobe to the Clipps theories floating around.. One would think that we had the most loot to offer him.. Or better yet.. The best situation for him.. That's not the case, by any mean's.. To be honest wit ya.. Signing the Kobster would create more prob's than it's worth.. 1)Kobe would take up around $14.5 mill of our cap, which combined wit Brand.. Maggs.. Kaman.. House and Wilcox would be around $36.5 mill.. 2)Due to cap strain's, we'd have an even larger void at the point.. 3)Q would walk, most likely for nothing in return.. And the idea of adding Crawford and Q into the deal, only make's it that much more unrealistic.. Don't get me wrong.. This wouldn't be the first time the front office made a dumb *** move.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>Natty Dreadlockz</b>!
There's no guarantee's in this biz!.. With all the Kobe to the Clipps theories floating around.. One would think that we had the most loot to offer him.. Or better yet.. The best situation for him.. That's not the case, by any mean's.. To be honest wit ya.. Signing the Kobster would create more prob's than it's worth.. 1)Kobe would take up around $14.5 mill of our cap, which combined wit Brand.. Maggs.. Kaman.. House and Wilcox would be around $36.5 mill.. 2)Due to cap strain's, we'd have an even larger void at the point.. 3)Q would walk, most likely for nothing in return.. And the idea of adding Crawford and Q into the deal, only make's it that much more unrealistic.. Don't get me wrong.. This wouldn't be the first time the front office made a dumb *** move.
With Kobe, Maggette, Brand, and Kaman, you probably wouldnt need to worry about your PG situation that much.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
With Kobe, Maggette, Brand, and Kaman, you probably wouldnt need to worry about your PG situation that much.
Our point prob is just the tip of the iceberg!.. The bigger prob will be our lack of depth, after creating the cap space for Kobe.. Trading Fizer for Jaric and Ely, still leave's us short in term's of the $13.5 to $14.5 mill that he'll demand.. Personally.. I'd rather resign Q, and make a deal for Crawford.. Even if that mean's finding a way to include Wilcox in the rumored deal!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts