Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If we're going to lose, we might as well lose with our future team (if they play well enough to be considered our future team). This is the only way we are going to know what we have, and if we like what we have, it is the only way to ensure they get better.
We now have a core starting 5 of all young players.

Hinrich
Crawford
Dupree
Chandler
Curry

Trade AD for an expiring contract. Force Curry to play big minutes. Let Pippen retire. Gil took care of himself with the injury.

Play the kid line-up most of the game. Let's see what they can do.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I agree. In fact I advocated the exact same thing in my last article. The only difference is I didn't include Dupree in the core.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I agree also, though i would like to see E-rob starting over dupree, i think e-rob has the potential to be tyaunce prince type of player capable of 10pts/5rebs/2steas a game type. since our season is always over, lets the kids play!!! this is the only way they will ever learn.

·
Banned
780 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sith</b>!
I agree also, though i would like to see E-rob starting over dupree, i think e-rob has the potential to be tyaunce prince type of player capable of 10pts/5rebs/2steas a game type. since our season is always over, lets the kids play!!! this is the only way they will ever learn.

Sith! Pree is already that kind of player.if ERob is started over pree then im start the FIRE SKILES Chant:upset:

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is what got the Bulls in trouble in the first place -- not having vets that contribute well. Take a look Denver. Our young guys are better than theirs, but their vets are good. Andre Miller is their best backcourt player, Camby their best frontcourt player. Voshon Lenard is very steady and so is Boykins. You need good vets to carry the load or you're asking for trouble when young guys have to do all the heavy lifting. If you told me to predict the record of a team who's four best players (the players expected to carry the team) are in their rookie contracts I'd say that team is about a 10-15 win team by halftime. And that's what we have. Jalen Rose hurt this team so much no wonder he got booed every time his name was mentioned in the last game. If he did his job, he and Marshall and Gill would have been enough to allow the young Bulls to grow without the weight of the world on them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right

Our vets aren't as good as Denver's, so why should they play. Why watch a bad old player who will be gone soon when you could watch a bad young player who will most likely be around?

You made your bed, now you have to sleep in it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: You're right

Originally posted by <b>Bulls42</b>!
Our vets aren't as good as Denver's, so why should they play. Why watch a bad old player who will be gone soon when you could watch a bad young player who will most likely be around?

You made your bed, now you have to sleep in it.

That's petty. It like: you got your self into this mess, now you suffer more than the consequences coming to you.

That's worth possibly being one of the worst teams ever? Again?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Antonio Davis and Kendall Gil playing in the 4th Quarter is a waste. It's not like they are McGrady and O'Neal. The core needs to develop.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Agreed...

Let the kids play for the rest of the season....

We're not making the playoffs...

Honestly, we'd be better off if we keep our core, build better vets around them, and give Skiles an offseason to work with everyone.

If Skiles and Pax went to the young kids and said hey just go out there and play ball, we believe in you guys, take us where we all want to go, and it will happen.

It's not going to happen benching them everytime they make a mistake, playing vets in their spots, and having their names in trades everyday.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I also agree!

This season is gone,better start getting ready for the next,and that means play the kids,even if we have 30 to a game(we also get more ping-pong balls in that case).

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Cochise has the right idea here.
This thread is way too simplistic.
You can't just have it all one way or the other. Its a mix. And i think we're getting both.

The team is at the stage where if Eddy is ready to ball, he's gonna play. But thats on Eddy. You can't just let a guy flop around and play with unproffesional effort and preparation. Or excecution. Thats no way to run a team. Thats no way to develop a guy anyways. Throw him to the wolves? doesn't work. Doesn't happen, and is counterproductive to the entire organization.

This is not the way it works in proffesional sports, and its really unsophisticated to think it can.

Jaml plays enough minutes. He could play more. Thats on him, and the coach will play him as required and ready.

Its a mix, and its happening the right way, with the right evolution.

if you want to absolutely murder any proffesionalism we have, this idea is the way to do it:upset:
There will be a smoking crater left for it

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
When i think of it,maybe we should play Curry 48 minutes every game,as a punishment .
he'll have to run all the time in front of 20000 fans,so if that does not get him in shape,what will?;)

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
eddy can't play any more than he does. Or else Scott would do it.

Jamal plays 40 minutes a night. How much more do you want him to play??

Trade all the vets to force the kids to play. Ok, who do the kids practice against? Other kids?

Come on. Be realistic.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!
When i think of it,maybe we should play Curry 48 minutes every game,as a punishment .
he'll have to run all the time in front of 20000 fans,so if that does not get him in shape,what will?;)
That would kill him

What would eddy do in a game where he is tired? His scoring will drop. He will lose his man more. He will foul out more just to keep from playing.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I don't think this thread really is trying to suggest that we get rid of ALL of our vets. I think more than anything what I wantto see the Bulls do is shop guys like AD & Gill to other teams who are in the hunt to see what, if anything, we can get for them.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
You have to be careful with the "play till you drop" method with Curry. That could lead to serious injuries. Skiles has him playing the right amount of time. JC is playing 40. Skiles has to be careful and monitor Chandlers minutes at first to see how the back is, and to get him back into the swing of things.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bulls42</b>!
Trade AD for an expiring contract.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i love how easy you make that sound... hate to break it to you man but no one is taking AD's contract from you... nevertheless for a bunch of expiring contracts.... lol

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!
That's the idea I've had for a while. If sitting them on the bench won't embarrass them into improvement, maybe public humiliation will.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Just having an expiring contract is no help. If we trade our vets, it needs to be for younger vets who can help, not just guys who suck and are coming off the books.

That's what got us in trouble the first time around- inexperienced guys like Brand and Artest were given up on partially because their supporting cast was so godawful (Dragan, Dalibor, Perdue, Ruffin, Drew... any number of guys who shouldn't be on NBA rosters or getting significant PT).

If anything we need to move in the opposite direction from that one.

Our supporting cast now is better than it was then, but it's still not good enough for an average NBA team and it's definitely not good enough for a team relying on basically 3 high schoolers and 2 rookies. Look at the environment the Pacers created... they still aren't relying on their 3 high schoolers the way we are- because they've got a legitimate NBA team around them to take the pressure off.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!

That would kill him

What would eddy do in a game where he is tired? His scoring will drop. He will lose his man more. He will foul out more just to keep from playing.
I was Kidding TBF.
but it won't kill him,we got team doctors on court.and he's loosing his man after 3 minutes of game anyway,and he'd foul out just to escape the hard work.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts