Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Thomas wants out now, but Pax probably wants to wait until the trade deadline. I would go ahead and try to dump TT now before he becomes even more of a distraction. Since the Knicks have no interest in taking him back, I've come up with a 3-way deal with New York and Portland to send TT packing while bringing AD back to the Bulls.

Bulls trade: Tim Thomas
Bulls receive: Antonio Davis

Why Chicago does it: Duh...Do I really need to explain?

New York trades: Antonio Davis, Matt Barnes
New York receives: Darius Miles, Ruben Patterson

Why New York does it: By dumping AD, Isiah would be forcing Larry to give more minutes to his younger guys like Frye, Butler, and especially David Lee. And oh yeah Isiah has had a hard on for Darius Miles for years, and you know he will find a way to trade for him sooner or later.

Portland trades: Darius Miles, Ruben Patterson
Portland receives: Tim Thomas, Matt Barnes

Why Portland does it: $$$$. They dump two of their team cancers with long-term contracts and get expiring deals in return. Darius has been playing well this year so if ever there was a time for Portland to capitalize on this opportunity, now would be good. There were rumors before the season started that Isiah was trying hard to trade for Miles, but Portland wasn't willing to take Malik Rose / Mo Taylor, instead Portland was asking for expiring contracts. Even with this trade, Portland still has nice young talent on the wings with Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster, Viktor Khryapa and Sergei Monia.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Let me reword this. I don't see AD being traded soon, considering how poorly the Knicks big men have been as of late (ignoring the rookies). If he does get moved, it would be near the trade deadline, so trading for him would lose us our only useful trading piece we have eventhough AD is in his last year of his contract.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I might be a little fuzzy on the CBA rules, but I don't believe TT can be traded back to the Knicks for at least a year (same goes for AD to the Bulls).

·
Registered
583 Posts
Miles isn't a cancer as of this season, he's even a co-captain of the young Blazers, and I doubt he's going anywhere. Even if he does, it won't be because management wants to trade a "cancer", because he isn't one at the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts