Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know VC has said he is going to prove that he is one of the best players in this league and likewise we all know that he hasn't lived up to his promise. Everything VC supporters defend him with, all I hear is "HAS BEEN, HAS BEEN, HAS BEEN." IE: Vince has been great for our city, VC has been rookie of the year, etc etc etc. Anyway, to make this short, I propose a trade involving VC. Basically no one on the roster should be untouchable except for Bosh, Marshall and Rose (in that order.) SO..... our starting five should look like this:

PG - ???
SG - Rose
SF - Marshall
PF - Bosh
C - ???

Basically, this franchise should be built around Bosh, I don't care what you guys say. I personally believe that as of right now, he IS a better player than Vince. He is consistent, wants to win, looks like he wants to win, and quite frankly I think he is cut out to be a leader, unlike our fellow Vince. For PG, I hear the Clippers are shopping Jaric, who is WAY better than AW, come on be real now, and I know we all want Magloire for centre.
Let me know what you guys think. And don't reply any HAS BEENS, PLEASE!!!! You're not proving any points whatsoever like that.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
who do u trade vince, A.W Redd and Tim Thomas:|

pg rose
sg redd
sm marshell
pf thomas
c Bosh

thats the best I can think of at the moment.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
You haven't reasoned how this team would concur AFTER Vince is traded, and Glen Grunwald would certainly be thinking like mad on how this team would concur if he was to trade Vince so therefore, he would never pull the trigger.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Vince is the type of player we need in the future. Trading him would really not help all that much.
Him and Bosh are the future. The 2 can be the duo that the Raps have been waiting for since T-Mac left.
And eventually, in like 2 or 3 years when some cap space is cleared, secondary players are going to want to sign and play with this great duo.

Vince has only played bad for the last month, before that he was playing pretty well. Don't give up on him now.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
trading Vince away would likely hurt Bosh's game. he and the rest of the raptors feed off the defensive attention that has to be applied to vince. come next year, when Bosh can REALLY finish down low, they will be one of the top duos in the league.

i just want an athletic bruiser and an explosive point guard. it would take missing the playoffs to pick up raymond felton but i'd much rather do that than trade Vince (unless we're getting a lot in return). a bruiser like jerome james would do.

but while we're at it i'll suggest bobby jackson, brad miller, gerald wallace for VC and filler.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
but while we're at it i'll suggest bobby jackson, brad miller, gerald wallace for VC and filler.

Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (20.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.8 apg in 36.8 minutes)
Toronto receives: PG Bobby Jackson (14.3 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.2 apg in 24.4 minutes)
SF Gerald Wallace (2.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 10.9 minutes)
C Brad Miller (14.4 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 4.7 apg in 38.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +10.6 ppg, +12.4 rpg, and +2.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

It works salary wise, but I doubt Sacramento would do it.

What I think would work is.

Toronto receives: SG Marko Jaric (8.2 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.3 apg in 28.4 minutes)
PF Chris Wilcox (8.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 21.6 minutes)
SF Corey Maggette (20.1 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 3.2 apg in 35.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +16.4 ppg, +8.9 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

or

PG Roger Mason (1.9 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 9.5 minutes)
SF Morris Peterson (7.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 21.1 minutes)
Toronto receives: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 2.4 apg in 36.3 minutes)
1st round draft pick
future 2nd rounder
Change in team outlook: -9.8 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and -4.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

We get a lottery pick from this. And Shareef only has one year left on his contract after this season. So we get a ton of cap space for a superstar or a few quality players. This is a good option to help the team's future.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!
Those last two trades were horrible, especially the Hawks one.

The Clippers trade isn't as bad as the Hawks trade, I might do it actually, but definately not the last one.
I know I would rather have someone else like Stephon Jackson involved, but I had to make the salaries match. That trade is all future and no present.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Just an idea to fill your centre and point guard spots...

Vince and Moiso for Ratliff, Terry, Diaw, 1st

ATL needs to start over...so they get their man. I love Diaw i think he'll be a great player in the league. Im not a huge fan of either ratliff or terry but they fill needs. Their 1st rounder will be high so we'd get a good pick..take a point guard so we can let terry play off the ball

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Why compare Vince to decent players like Bobby Jackson (he's not, but compared to Vince, he is). Atleast insert players that has the capability of dominating a game, like Baron Davis.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dinosaur, I like your first two trade ideas, but I don't think SAC would do it either. They love their players. But the LAC is a possibility because they are currently shopping those players around and it is more realistic. To be honest, I would like the new Toronto Raptors just as much, maybe even more if that trade were to go through. I think the mix of those players is great and they'd probably have good chemistry - ie: no one is a "star" and it'd be more of a team game.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Junkyard Dog13</b>!
who do u trade vince, A.W Redd and Tim Thomas:|

pg rose
sg redd
sm marshell
pf thomas
c Bosh

thats the best I can think of at the moment.
you need to think harder

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
Originally posted by <b>trick</b>!

you need to think harder
id go with with the deel that has been posted with the clips Carter for Maggette and Wilcox

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ya I kinda like the Clippers trade. They get an upgrade in pg with Jaric, a substitute for Vince in Corey Maggete, and potential in Wilcox.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
You haven't reasoned how this team would Concur after Vince is traded, and Glen Grunwald would certainly be thinking like mad on how this team would Concur if he was to trade Vince so therefore, he would never pull the trigger.

I concur...vince should not be traded. This team will Conquer in years to come with the Bosh Vince Combination :laugh: :laugh: :uhoh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts