Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Paxson should have gotten more than Miles for Dre. There must be more to this trade.

This may officially lockup DaJuan for ROY if he is gonna be starting.

I'd say 22 ppg, 5 apg for Juanny.

·
Registered
41 Posts
deebo, you must be joking. There are a lot of guys who have just as much a chance for ROY as Dajuan. What makes you think he'll get 22 and 5 in the regular season when he didn't even get that in the summer leagues. He's impressed me a lot I must say, but 22 and 5 his rookie year, I doubt it. He's not Allen Iverson. Not yet, that is.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Without Miller, he should be getting a ton of minutes.

I see no reason why he couldnt get 22 and 5. He's already an NBA level scorer. He'll probably have multiple 30 pt games next season.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I'm not sure

If Wags will get 22pg or not, that is a lot for a rook who isn't used to all the travel and long season etc...
but I do know this,

I wish the Clips #1 for next year was included otherwise the Cavs didn't get enough.

Harold Jamison is only a 2nd year player too, with a lot of room for improvement since he got few minutes for the CLips.. 6'9" and 250+.... he might get alot of minutes if the rumored SA trade goes down with Tyrone/Mihm/Lamond. Our only signed PF's would be Boozer and Jamison.

With a starting line-up of Wags, Ricky, and Miles.... all 3 will have the green light, but will they play nice together or will it be like street-ball with all "shake-n-bake and watch me go all by myself?"

Z has gotta be sorta upset... who is gonna feed him the ball in the low post? Wags will man the point, but passing the ball in deep in the flow of the NBA game is NOT something Wags will be able to do well right away, if at all. Z will have to get most of his points on off rbs - not his strong suit... tho he should be able to get some throw-downs as any of the above mentioned 3 players drive strong to the hoop, and dish off to Z or the PF as the defense tries to close off the lane and help out.

This will be an interesting season..... might be fun, might be painful, might be sloppy, might be encouraging...... but at this point, the Cavs management might as well strip the whole team and trade Lamond and Tyrone and Mihm too.... lets do it all right now.

ANd with the Clev Indians doing the same thing, who would've thought the Browns would be the first of the 3 teams to possibly fight for a Championship? What a weird sports town we live in.....

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
If D Miles doesn't pan out, which I hope he does you guys got jipped. But I liked the draft day deal they had much better, what happened to that. It looks like you guys are going to be a running team next year. But at least we don't have to deal with Wags and Miller anymore in Detroit.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
the rumored trade

I read (I think on ESPN), was something like Tyrone Hill, Chris Mihm, Lamond Murray to SA for Steve Smith, Antonio Daniels and filler. Makes sense from a team-need point of view, and a salary-dump view for Clev.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
by the way

I just checked on REALGM, and the trade works with the 5 players mentioned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts