Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These trades are from Insider under : Five Trades That Need To Happen written by Chad Ford...

1. Baron Davis, Jerome Moiso and Stacey Augmon to the Clippers for Jeff McInnis (via sign-and-trade), Keyon Dooling and Chris Wilcox.

2. Wally Szczerbiak, Rasho Nesterovic (via sign-and-trade), Terrell Brandon and Anthony Peeler to the Blazers for Damon Stoudamire, Bonzi Wells (via sign-and-trade) and Dale Davis.

3. Rashard Lewis (sign-and-trade) to the Bulls for Jamal Crawford and Marcus Fizer

4. Nick Van Exel to the Knicks for Kurt Thomas and Charlie Ward

5. Kenny Anderson to the Pacers for Austin Croshere and Jamaal Tinsley

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
im sorry the last one is really stupid....why would they want to take on kenny anderson and his hefty contract? while they give away a promising sophmore and a player that can still play...and the 4th one is pretty stupid as well...I mean the Knicks love Kurt Thomas, they got a pg in F.Williams now, and they need some front court depth, here they are probably giving away their starting C. Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the article Ford explains that even though the Pacers love Jamaal's play-making ability they are worried about his maturity level and out-side shooting. Kenny Anderson is a more experianced guard who can still play. He is a better shooter than Jamaal. And they also get to dump Croshere's contract. Kenny's is up after a year which gives them $$$ for extension's, free agents, etc... He also said that they think they have fond a jem in Jamison Brewer.

The Knicks need a better point than Frank. He is a defensive presence but that's about it. Nick would give them added scoring while they get to give away Ward. Kurt Thomas is no way a C. They will most likely sign Jerome James, Rasho, etc...Or McDyess can always play C.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
#4 and 5 would never happen

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I could see #4 happening, but then again Knicks are giving a lot of $$ to Houston etc etc and Van Exel has a huge contract too right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts