Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What trades do you guys think have turned out to be the most one sided in NBA History?

For example: Kobe Bryant for Vlade Divac (Vlade has been great for Sacramento, but he wasn't too good for Charlotte, while Kobe has turned out to be a superstar for the Lakers)

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also...

Vince Carter for Antawn Jamison. It's probably to early to tell if it is completely one-sided. But Vince has so far had the best career, and has turned a team around. Jamison did have a great year 2 years ago, but this season he had a..."bad" year.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It was dirk for garrity and robert tractor taylor, I think.

Attachments

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trade

If that was the deal, the Magic got screwed. LOL!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I CANT remember who it was that we traded,but back in the
95'-96' season Miami traded ???? for Tim Hardaway,and he came in 3rd for MVP voting!

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins for Grant Hill.... :laugh:

The Magic got raped....

Seriously though, how about the Steve Francis trade?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Chris Webber for Tom Gugliotta..Tom Gugliotta for Donyell Marshall..Donyell Marshall for Danny Fortson.

Also: Mitch Richmond for Billy Owens.

Warrior's decisions :(

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Re: Also...

Originally posted by Mr. X
Vince Carter for Antawn Jamison. It's probably to early to tell if it is completely one-sided. But Vince has so far had the best career, and has turned a team around. Jamison did have a great year 2 years ago, but this season he had a..."bad" year.
No actually the Raptors wanted Vince all along, the Warriors wanted Jamison all along, and the Mavs wanted Dirk all along. It's a long story, something like this:

Don Nelson was constantly making calls to the Raptors and Golden State trying to find out who the Warriors wanted. Well GS got tired and basically said to Toronto, "Listen, just to shut Nellie up, we'll draft you Vince, you draft us Antawn, and we'll throw in $3 million for the trouble". This was all I remember though, so it's not fully accurate.

But boy, Nellie sure loves to mess with teams on draft day!

·
Registered
16 Posts
the Kobe and Francis trades should be disregarded for two reasons.

1.The teams that got screwed are my fav teams

2.The main reason is the Grizz and Hornets did not draft the two for their own sake, they drafted them for trading.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trades

No, the Grizz wanted Frnacis, but he was whining and moaning that he didn't want to play in Canada. They didn't draft him for trading purposes. And look who they got for him, it was a bust.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I thought the Grizz got Dickerson for Francis,hes NOT a bust!:no:

I could be wrong,but im pretty sure that Dickerson is who they got in return.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trades

Oh yeah, Dickerson could take Francis one on one any day.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
damm yall

My sixers have 2 of the worst ever....#1 pick for Roy Hinson in '86, and Moses Malone for Jeff Ruland. then how bout another GS trade....Mitch Richmond for Billy Owens.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Charles Barkley for Hornacek, Tim Perry and Andrew Lang.
Van Exel and Lafrentz and Abdul-Wahad for Juwan Howard and Donell Harvey

This has nothing to do with it but drafting Shawn Bradley is one of the worst things the sixers have done

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
Originally posted by BizzyRipsta
how about the kidd-marbury trade?
That was totally one-sided. The Nets go to the Finals after winning 26 games, and the Suns go from a 50+ win team to the lottery. I think it's safe to say that Stephon Marbury is a cancer.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts