Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...13jan13,0,2234292.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat

Less than a week shy of the midpoint of his team's season, Heat President Pat Riley sees a roster that is flawed, one loaded with athleticism at the perimeter positions -- to the detriment of stability at point guard, center and the bench.

"I know what has to be addressed is the five position and the point guard position," he said. "It's going to be addressed. That has to be addressed. And the next move we make, we hope, is going to be to fill one of those spots."

On one hand, Riley said he would go as far as to offer this season's or a future first-round pick in an effort to augment his core.

"Any asset that we have on this team is in play," he said. "That's if the right deal is really going to propel this team for a long period of time."

On the other hand, a core seemingly has been identified.

"The assets that we drafted we liked," he said of a group that includes Caron Butler and Wade. "And Lamar Odom was not someone I got to peddle as a chip.

"The point is we made the right decisions with Caron Butler and Dwyane Wade and Lamar Odom. That's the point."

"You don't know when they're coming along, but that's basically what I'm looking at," he said. "When I'm looking at college players, I'm very aware of the athletic players out there, but I'm looking for the best big that I can find next year in the draft or the best point guard that can play.

"That's where I'm going. I don't think you can build something overnight."

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trade Rumors from ESPN Insider involving the Heat...

Jan. 15 - Miles is having another disappointing season and has fallen out of favor with head coach Paul Silas. The Knicks made a run at Miles last week, offering Moochie Norris in return, but the Cavs understandably balked. The Cavs countered with Miles for Frank Williams and Othella Harrington, but sources say Isiah Thomas balked. The Heat also have shown limited interest in Miles, but they probably don't have enough ammo to make a deal.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Riley says somewhere in that article that he's "stockpiling good chips" not necessarily putting a team together.

He states the team's needs as a quality center and pg.

That being said, Dwyane Wade is probably not our plan for future PG.

He says that he wants to get quality players then hopefully fill the need of C and PG in the draft/offseason this summer.

Miles would be one of the chips we are just adding to the stack we already have I guess...

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!

Miles would be one of the chips we are just adding to the stack we already have I guess...
I guess but unless we give the Cavs something minimal I think its rediculous to go after Miles. He still has potential but he really hasn't showed much improvement. It's been the same the past coupld years, Miles is going to breakout this year! Yeah ok...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts