Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since people like T-mac,VC,Shaq and others who were labeled "Franchise Players" have been traded. Is there still anyone in the league that you think will never EVER go anywhere. I think...

Kobe Bryant

Lebron James

Dwayne Wade

Will never ever wear any other colors then the ones they wear now (pending the team doesent switch them up)

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Frick, i forgot...

Tim Duncan

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
ANTHONY? Hahahaa. I'm expecting him to be traded. Denver won't give him the kind of money he'll be wanting for his first contract.

I'd say the only franchise player right now is Tim Duncan.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Duncan, IMO, is probably the only untouchable player in the NBA. Untouchability is not just about how the team feels about the player, its also a product of how the player feels about the team. No matter how much the Cavs love Lebron, if they're convinced he's gonna leave in FA, he'll be moved before he can do it. Timmy seems to be the only guy I can think of where the feelings back and forth between team and player are 100% solid.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
There are several players that would be untouchable if other teams approached about a trade, for example Tim Duncan, Shaq, KG, Kobe, TMac, LeBron. These kinds of players are only ever traded when they force the issue or circumstances degenerate to a point where there is no other choice (those two reasons are not necessarily mutually exclusive).

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Assuming we're not referring to sign-and-trades because the team can't re-sign the player, for whatever reason (not due to choice): Duncan and James.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I'd say Duncan, Nowitzki and McGrady right now, because their teams are winning and their contracts aren't ridiculous. Kobe and Garnett aren't winning so things don't look good, and Shaq's contract is going to get ridiculous pretty soon, which may be reason enough to trade him.

I'm strictly talking about guys who make good money. I think that there are a lot of guys on rookie contracts that are untouchable, just because they are worth so much more than their contract, so it would be foolish to trade them. This is where guys like LeBron, Amare, Wade and several others fall.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
nobody is untouchable with the right offer, but the most unlikely to get traded are:

tim duncan
lebron james(could get traded if he shows signs of leaving when he's a FA
dwayne wade
Dirk
yao ming and t-mac

IMO those guys are the only untouchables right now, kobe,KG could get traded since their teams arent doing well, and shaq might too for his age and salary demand but highly unlikely.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Lebron
Wade
Duncan
Yao
Arenas

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i think Bosh could be untouchable.....like unless we got Shaq/Garnett/Duncan i dont htink we would trade Bosh for anybody.....

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
adhir1 said:
i think Bosh could be untouchable.....like unless we got Shaq/Garnett/Duncan i dont htink we would trade Bosh for anybody.....
The Bulls once said that about Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry...

Wait.. They still do.. Nevermind..

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
if we learned anything this year it is that nobody is untouchable...

but id bet high amounts of money that we will not see...

Kobe or Duncan traded anytime in their careers... the next closest is LEbron but nobody else is in this category

1 - 20 of 33 Posts