Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to catch up with the draft. There are so many glowing things said about alot of the guys. Looks like a deep draft. I doubt anyone would want out pick next year, but what about the Clippers pick?

Per example, if the Nets were to pick Villanueva with their own pick and Warrick were still on the board, would you give up the Clippers pick for him or any other player?

-Petey
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starbury03 said:
Isnt the Clips pick lottery protected this year and unprotected next year?
Yes, but we can trade their pick for a pick this year...

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
Starbury03 said:
Isnt the Clips pick lottery protected this year and unprotected next year?
Something like that, anyway, if the Nets have a reasonable belief that they will put in an age requirement, they should trade the pick. But not for Warrick. I say try and trade that for a high pick like Chris Taft. With our pick, take Shelden Williams. Shelden can come in and start and we can have Taft come off the bench and hopefully one of the guys will develop into a superstar and the other into a 6th man of the year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,166 Posts
Or...

The Nets could trade the Clippers 2006 pick back to the Clippers along with the Nets' own pick to get the Clippers 2005 pick if it turns out to be a very high pick...and there is someone the Nets reallly want.

In that case, the Nets would have the Clippers 2005 first round pick, their own 2005 second round pick as well as their own 2006 first round pick and their own 2006 second round pick. [The two picks traded to Golden State for Robinson were the Clippers 2005 second round pick and the Nets own 2007 second round pick.]
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NetIncome said:
Or...

The Nets could trade the Clippers 2006 pick back to the Clippers along with the Nets' own pick to get the Clippers 2005 pick if it turns out to be a very high pick...and there is someone the Nets reallly want.

In that case, the Nets would have the Clippers 2005 first round pick, their own 2005 second round pick as well as their own 2006 first round pick and their own 2006 second round pick. [The two picks traded to Golden State for Robinson were the Clippers 2005 second round pick and the Nets own 2007 second round pick.]
I think Netted suggested something like that yesterday... It's very interesting.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Petey said:
I've been trying to catch up with the draft. There are so many glowing things said about alot of the guys. Looks like a deep draft. I doubt anyone would want out pick next year, but what about the Clippers pick?

Per example, if the Nets were to pick Villanueva with their own pick and Warrick were still on the board, would you give up the Clippers pick for him or any other player?

-Petey
The 2006 draft has more talent in it, however the age limit issue can change it. If we do trade the pick, we should get at least the 7th or 8th pick that can get us Vazquez, Taft, Splitter or Shelden Williams (we might get one of them with our own pick. Remember: the Clippers pick can go as high as 3rd or 2nd. They're the NBA all-time losers and we take adventage of it :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,582 Posts
The Clippers will be in the playoffs next year if they have a healthy season so that pick isnt worth as much as you guys think.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Starbury03 said:
The Clippers will be in the playoffs next year if they have a healthy season so that pick isnt worth as much as you guys think.
Should had been good this year if healthy too, never know... same could have been said for the Nets.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
Starbury03 said:
The Clippers will be in the playoffs next year if they have a healthy season so that pick isnt worth as much as you guys think.
People say this about the Clippers every year. Yet they keep on losing. Don't count on them making the playoffs next year unless they can attract a high profile free agent to play for them in the offseason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
PetroToZoran said:
People say this about the Clippers every year. Yet they keep on losing. Don't count on them making the playoffs next year unless they can attract a high profile free agent to play for them in the offseason.
Drought has to end at some point. For our sake I hope it's not next season.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top