Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering, what about trading Kirk and Mutumbo to Memphis, for Battier/or Posey and Wright ?

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
This is a great idea. Memphis has been desperately searching for a fifth point guard.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rawse</b>!
This is a great idea. Memphis has been desperately searching for a fifth point guard.
:laugh: @ the ruthless sarcasm

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is why they may choose to have Kirk, instead of four
worthless point guards:

Antonio Burks 6-0
Troy Bell 6-1
Earl Watson 6-1
Jason Williams 6-1

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bulls96</b>!

worthless point guards:

Antonio Burks 6-0
Troy Bell 6-1
Earl Watson 6-1
Jason Williams 6-1
Laughing Out Loud.

And I love how height is now a statistic.

Maybe you'd like Reece Gaines, instead of the worthless Kirk Hinrich.

Reece Gaines 6-6
Kirk Hinrich 6-3

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bulls96</b>!

worthless point guards:

Antonio Burks 6-0
Troy Bell 6-1
Earl Watson 6-1
Jason Williams 6-1
In case you haven't watched Memphis in a while, Mr. Chocolate turned himself into a damn good basketball player since Hubie arrived. Last year he was 7th in the league with 6.8 assists per game, and 4th in the league with a 3.62 assist/turnover ratio.

If that's worthless, I don't know what worth is.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Laughing Out Loud.
Laughing is good, but a young solid reliable point guard is much better. Keep smiling. :yes:

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Sorry but Jason Williams is the best point guard in the league now. He is just a pure point guard so people dont realize it. Look at how good Memphis did with a pure point guard.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Jason williams is a good point guard. Calling him the best point guard in the league is almost as stupid as calling him worthless.

Earl Watson is far from useless too.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pure Scorer</b>!
Jason williams is a good point guard. Calling him the best point guard in the league is almost as stupid as calling him worthless.

Earl Watson is far from useless too.
I didn't mean best point guard in the league. I meant most talented point guard in the league.

·
Registered
697 Posts
he isn't the most talented point guard in the league either, imo. I'd put bibby, marbury, francis, kidd, telfair, davis, tj ford ahead of him... and there are probably others... i would say he's one of the top5 pure point guards in the league, behind bibby and kidd. and in there with tj ford and kirk hinrich.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Though I think Ford and Hinrich have the potential, neither has passed White Chocolate's production quite yet. He's a very productive guard--and his teams win. Now that he plays consistently well in between his flashes of brilliance, there's no denying his status as a top five point guard.

Kirk is knocking on the door, TJ's a slight way off.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pure Scorer</b>!
he isn't the most talented point guard in the league either, imo. I'd put bibby, marbury, francis, kidd, telfair, davis, tj ford ahead of him... and there are probably others... i would say he's one of the top5 pure point guards in the league, behind bibby and kidd. and in there with tj ford and kirk hinrich.
well obviously Telfair don't count. He has not played a game in the NBA as of yet.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BealeFarange</b>!

Kirk is knocking on the door, TJ's a slight way off.
Hmmm...TJ produced wins, I think that is more significant then being...scrappy.:laugh:

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Let's not get too into the "how-good-is-Kirk" argument?

Ah, what the hell, it's been a while. =)

But more importantly, Memphis has GREAT point guards. Jason Williams has quietly been leading his team to 50 win seasons, and Earl Watson has the skills and the savvy to be the primary backup on any team. I'm pretty sure any coach would want him on his team, too. I think that PG is their strongest position, and unless we're taking some of their PG's back, there's no reason for them to want Hinrich.

But a trade I WOULD want:

Hinrich + Chandler + AD

for

Jason Williams + re-signed Swift + Dahntay Jones

J. Williams/F. Williams/Pargo
Gordon/Pike/Jones (big athletic 2 guard, finally)
Deng/Nocioni
Swift/Othella/Mario Austin? min vet. FA?
Curry/Swift/someone

The lack of big man depth won't kill us if we hang on to Trybanski and toss him in for 6 mpg, and Swift gives us all the defense of Chandler plus some more serious post scoring. We also have a quite serious small lineup, a fast break lineup of Jason Williams, Gordon, Deng, Nocioni, Swift.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!

But a trade I WOULD want:

Hinrich + Chandler + AD

for

Jason Williams + re-signed Swift + Dahntay Jones

J. Williams/F. Williams/Pargo
Gordon/Pike/Jones (big athletic 2 guard, finally)
Deng/Nocioni
Swift/Othella/Mario Austin? min vet. FA?
Curry/Swift/someone
Grizzlies:

Hinrich/Watson
Miller/Wells/Emmett
Posey/Battier
Gasol/Cardinal
Chandler/Davis/Wright

IR: Burks, Outlaw, Bell

Not a bad little deal, Showtyme. I think Memphis would show a lot of interest in this.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts