Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now, let me first say that I realize that there is greater than a 99% chance that any trade talked about on a forum will not happen. I am posting this just for fun and speculation, so if you do not find it fun, please do not join in on this topic. BTW, this is just the base of the trade, some fillers would need to be added to make salaries work.

Nets trade:
Vince Carter
Zoran Planinic
2006 Clippers 1st round pick
Nets Recieve:
Elton Brand
Trenton Hassell

TWolves trade:
Kevin Garnett
Trenton Hassel
TWolves recieve:
Vince Carter
Daniel Ewing
Zoran Planinic
Chris Wilcox
2006 Clippers 1st round pick
2008 1st round pick

Clippers trade:
Elton Brand
Daniel Ewing
Chris Wilcox
2008 1st round pick
Clippers Recieve:
Kevin Garnett

Just trying to think of something that would benefit all teams involved. Please let me know what you think, thanks.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Since the Clippers don't have a pick this year, they can't trade their pick in 2007.

Plus if we are in a trade with multiple power forwards moving around, if we're giving up Carter, I'd want the better PF.

-Petey

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
its good...I like the idea..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the Clippers don't have a pick this year, they can't trade their pick in 2007. Plus if we are in a trade with multiple power forwards moving around, if we're giving up Carter, I'd want the better PF.
Oh yes, I forgot about the rule against trading your pick two consecutive years. Change that to their 08' pick, then. :biggrin:

I disagree about wanting the better PF. Big men and balance is what wins in this league, and we already have a great wing in Jefferson. I think the only way to make this work is to allow the Clippers to get Garnett. That's fine, because the trade still benefits us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts