Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Portland Trail Blazers have acquired All- Star forward Gerald Wallace from the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for center Joel Przybilla, forward Dante Cunningham, forward/center Sean Marks and two future first-round picks.

The 28-year-old Wallace was averaging 15.6 points, 8.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 48 starts this season.

A nine-year veteran out of Alabama, Wallace, an All-Star a season ago, has posted per-game averages of 13.4 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists over 592 games -- 454 starts -- with Sacramento and the Bobcats.

"I want to welcome Gerald to the Trail Blazers," Blazers owner Paul Allen said. "He is just the sort of talent we were looking for. I'm sure our fans will embrace him and hopefully he can help us make some noise in the playoffs.

"I also want to thank Joel, Dante and Sean. Joel has been a warrior for this franchise over the past six and 1/2 seasons and Dante has played an important role in the success this team has had this season."

Link

Excellent move by Cho. I hate to give up Dante, but Wallace should really help us.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Great move, but I can't believe they passed up on this trade...

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211480/Nets_Made_Trade_Offer_For_Greg_Oden

They could have easily sent Murphy and 2 firsts to the Bobcats, and had Harris and Wallace.

Devin Harris/Nicolas Batum/Gerald Wallace/LaMarcus Aldridge/Marcus Camby

How did they turn that down? I'm shocked that they still think Oden has any value whatsoever.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Besides the break out All Star level of play by LA, and B Roy getting healthy, this is the best news all year!! G Wallace is a beast, and I can't wait to watch him play in Rip City. I'm so freaking stoked about this. Go Blazers!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts