Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Piker
8,587 Posts
I thought Mobley was a very smart ballplayer, why is he leaving?
Does he play behind Silva mainly? Honest question.
He did not play behind Silva. Mobley was a starter most of the season as a stretch 4 that floated from down low to the 3 point line. He made a very important 3 to help VCU get the win over Texas this year. He did struggle with his shot and his usage rate per minutes was low. He was an excellent passer and his size helped the team. I was surprised to hear the news but at the same time not surprised. VCU's system is moving back toward and up and down style and freshman Vince Williams got more and more minutes throughout the season. In Mobley's statement he mentioned evaluating style of play in his decision. I just think he decided to look for a better fit.

·
Piker
8,587 Posts
Did he grow tired of craft beer, skinny jeans, ironic mustaches, prescription-free glasses, and banana seat bikes?

Can I get a “HELL YEAH!”, UR fans?!?
You crack me up Bill. It is funny you mentioned that stuff. I was in West Virginia last week for some R&R and I was visiting a distillery. The girl that was working in the tasting room told me that her brother had moved to Richmond and she said that he told her where he moved that he had a hipster problem. Ha!

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
He did not play behind Silva. Mobley was a starter most of the season as a stretch 4 that floated from down low to the 3 point line. He made a very important 3 to help VCU get the win over Texas this year. He did struggle with his shot and his usage rate per minutes was low. He was an excellent passer and his size helped the team. I was surprised to hear the news but at the same time not surprised. VCU's system is moving back toward and up and down style and freshman Vince Williams got more and more minutes throughout the season. In Mobley's statement he mentioned evaluating style of play in his decision. I just think he decided to look for a better fit.
Good info. Thanks.

Certainly the type of player Fordham could use. Not saying him specifically, but more the type of player.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
So I guess we need to turn to merciless cruelty then.
Silence works.

Perhaps my reply was also not necessary, so apologies to Bona84 who only meant well.

I am at the point that I do not care enough about who comes and goes to feel upset when someone goes. One of the biggest regrets I have is ever starting to care about Fordham sports. I need to find a way to stop.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts