Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am gonna be studying abroad in Italy for 3 months next fall, from September 5 to December 9th and I was curious if any of you knew of any leagues or particular cities i should hit up for some basketball action....i know i am gonna get very deprived of bball so i was hoping this would be a great opportunity to check out a euro/italian league play

i am gonna be staying in Paderno Del Grappa in the Venneto region, i am about 40 miles north of Venice....one town that i thought i recognized in terms of possibly having a bball team was near by city called Treviso, am i correct???

anyways, any thoughts or suggestions will help, thanks

·
Registered
793 Posts
Treviso is the nearest town with a decent team as you found out so you'll have the chance to watch euroleague as well as Italian league games of Benneton Treviso
Italian league starts somewhere in the middle of October I think, while euroleague starts in the begining of november...

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
riehldeal said:
i am gonna be studying abroad in Italy for 3 months next fall, from September 5 to December 9th and I was curious if any of you knew of any leagues or particular cities i should hit up for some basketball action....i know i am gonna get very deprived of bball so i was hoping this would be a great opportunity to check out a euro/italian league play

i am gonna be staying in Paderno Del Grappa in the Venneto region, i am about 40 miles north of Venice....one town that i thought i recognized in terms of possibly having a bball team was near by city called Treviso, am i correct???

anyways, any thoughts or suggestions will help, thanks
Send a PM to Community Moderator BizzyRipsta. She just got back from a semester in Italy, and can probably give you pointers on all sorts of stuff.

I don't recall her mentioning anything about Euro hoops specifically, but I'm sure there's plenty of info in general she can share.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
i stayed in rome for 4 months last year. i didn't really ha\/e access to any media but feel free to pm me if you ha\/e any questions.

·
Registered
618 Posts
kind of off topic but my boy former umass guard monte mack plays or played in Italy, anyone know where hes at now?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
About the topic: in Italy there is the 2nd best basketball league of Europe few after Spain's ACB, and in Treviso (located 2 steps from Paderno) you can see Benetton Treviso, one of the best italian and european teams.

And, of course, in Treviso you can see the other big italian teams play vs. Benetton.

Anyway you will be not far from other "basketball-cities" like Bologna, Udine, Pesaro or Milan (all 2-4 driving hours).

Speaking of NBA prospects, for Treviso plays the PF Andrea Bargnani, one of our best youngs.

Ciao

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all very much for your help....i will definitely see a few games inn Treviso for sure

does anyone know when their schedule for next year will be announced?????????

thxs in advance

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
riehldeal said:
thank you all very much for your help....i will definitely see a few games inn Treviso for sure

does anyone know when their schedule for next year will be announced?????????

thxs in advance
The italian A1 league starts usually in the last week of september or the first of october (schedule appears in august)

Euroleague starts in the first week of november.

Gretz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts