Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The athletesism is unquestionable, but what I really like is the tenacity. The big dunk on Yao was nasty. But the play I really liked was after he jammed the ball in the fourth, Vin Baker gave him an elbow in the chest, then Travis responded by shoving Baker's next shot back in his grill. Beautiful. His defense is another thing that impressed me. He's one of the few young guys on the team that really digs in on defense. When he was matched up on Mcgrady you could see he relished the challenge. It was only a few plays, but he really made Tmac work.

If we must part with one of our young swing players over the summer and it came down to Outlaw or Khryapa, I would choose to hold on to Travis. Victor may be a little more fine tuned, but he doesn't have the physical tools that Travis has.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
He poked the ball away from TMac at least 3 times and forced him to turn the ball over on an over and back call. The monster blocks he had were great, too. I really hope we keep this guy around for a good long while.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Goldmember said:
If we must part with one of our young swing players over the summer and it came down to Outlaw or Khryapa, I would choose to hold on to Travis. Victor may be a little more fine tuned, but he doesn't have the physical tools that Travis has.
Why would it come to that? Let's hope it doesn't. Outlaw is still very raw, and I'll take a good basketball brain over a good basketball body most days.

But clearly, Miles HAS to go. I can see Isiah Thomas being tempted, I just can't imagine what we'd want from the Knicks.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
meru said:
Why would it come to that? Let's hope it doesn't. Outlaw is still very raw, and I'll take a good basketball brain over a good basketball body most days.

But clearly, Miles HAS to go. I can see Isiah Thomas being tempted, I just can't imagine what we'd want from the Knicks.
I would do it for a package of Ariza, Sweetney and a 1st.......

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
I would do it for a package of Ariza, Sweetney and a 1st.......
Christ almighty, if we could get that, I'd be doin' the banana dance for months on end! :banana: I like Darius, but T-Law is going to be UNREAL (IMHO:wink:). If we could get a return like that for Darius, then I say take it. The Knicks have the Spurs first round pick, I believe, from the Rose/Mohammed trade.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Heck if we projected Outlaw and Ruben at the 3 next year, and put Viktor at the 3/4 as backup... I think we would do alright next year, and even better in 2 years with more experience. Ruebn could be the defensive stopper, or even dealt if need be. TO and Viktor is not too bad. Viktor is a tough guy, and seems to not mind the contact despite his injuries.

The improvement Travis has made in just a year is noticeable. He does seem to have a good mind and good attitude.

This would mean we could deal Darius. If we got a package as mentioned it would not be so bad. We would get our backup PF out of the deal in case Rahim leaves or Zach is dealt with Rahim manning the 4 spot.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
DMiles having to hear the NY media! Ouch for him. Maybe a aggressive media can light a fire under him and make him the player he should be. I'm for trading him for a pick.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Trader Bob said:
The improvement Travis has made in just a year is noticeable. He does seem to have a good mind and good attitude.
Watching he and Reef on the court was funny. I think Reef has REALLY taken him under his wing.

When he did good things on the court - he and Reef exchanged looks and after a particularly nasty play ... he came to Reef on the bench who was making a great face of "Oh damn, son" ... and they gave one of those hearty hug-slaps.

Having a guy like Reef try to help you out could REALLY do a lot for a guy like Outlaw.

Play.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
meru said:
To improve at other positions (SG mainly) it may cost us one of our young SF's. I would give up Khryapa first. A player can learn basketball IQ, but you can't teach Outlaw's kind of athletetic ability.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:
Watching he and Reef on the court was funny. I think Reef has REALLY taken him under his wing.

When he did good things on the court - he and Reef exchanged looks and after a particularly nasty play ... he came to Reef on the bench who was making a great face of "Oh damn, son" ... and they gave one of those hearty hug-slaps.

Having a guy like Reef try to help you out could REALLY do a lot for a guy like Outlaw.

Play.
Yeah, I could see some of that, just watching on TV. Hey, Play', how 'bout that three that Travis made after the whistle was blown? I think it was in the first half, and someone either traveled or committed an offensive foul as they passed the ball to Travis. The whistle blew, stopping the play, but Outlaw pulled up from (what appeared on TV to be) about 25 ft. and drained it. Not sure if you saw it, but I was just wondering how fluid it looked in person.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
CanJohno said:
Yeah, I could see some of that, just watching on TV. Hey, Play', how 'bout that three that Travis made after the whistle was blown? I think it was in the first half, and someone either traveled or committed an offensive foul as they passed the ball to Travis. The whistle blew, stopping the play, but Outlaw pulled up from (what appeared on TV to be) about 25 ft. and drained it. Not sure if you saw it, but I was just wondering how fluid it looked in person.
Yup, I saw it.

It was hilarious, because I don't think HE knew it went in. If he did, he didn't show much reaction or even a chuckle.

It was soon after he hit that nasty dunk and he tossed it up from near half court. Pretty as can be.

Play.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Deal Darious and keep Travis and Viktor at the 3.

NY really does look appealing right now. Maby a salary dumping deal of DA, Theo and Darious for Tim Tomas, Penny and their 1st rounder. Penny and Tim have contracts that expire after next season, making them very appealing. Heck, maby Penny could backup Bassy at the PG spot.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
I still want to keep Miles. He is stil lvery productive when he starts. I want to give him at least one more year before we give up on him. This season has been rough on him too. He lost his starting job he earned at the begginning of the season and had a run in with the caoch. I do want to keep Outlaw though. He needs to play the 2 or 3 as a starter next year. Kid is going to be sick. Look for Miles to be dealt if we pick up Gerald Green though.....Telfair,Green and Outlaw is a fairly sick backcourt/sf duo :drool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts