Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is definitely going to be able to play in the NBA, but what is his upside long term?

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Definitely an NBA player, I hope for his sake he lands on a quality team later in the draft. 6 feet tall with a 6'5" wingspan, shown to be a quality deep ball shooter, can shoot well off the dribble, and is a capable passer.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
DraftExpress currently has him Top 10, I would agree with that. His stock has to be rising with the play of Michigan in the tournament, where do you see him going?

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
It certainly seems like Burke and Carter-Williams might be playing this next game for the #2 PG spot in this draft behind Marcus Smart. I think 7 - 14 is the range on both guys.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
DraftExpress currently has him Top 10, I would agree with that. His stock has to be rising with the play of Michigan in the tournament, where do you see him going?
Burke might be the Mike Conley/Russell Westbrook of this year's draft. I could see him going top 3-5 especially if Orlando winds up picking that high. Actually, I could see all three PGs going in the top 7-10 picks. Damn. All these guys were in the 20-40 range at the start of the year.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
I love his game and think he's gonna be a pretty solid NBA guard. He tends to over dribble sometimes (although he's far better at avoiding this compared to his freshman season) and every now and again he will fall in love with the step back 3. He's got a real nice package of skills and you can't coach his speed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a better career than any other PG in this draft.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
every now and again he will fall in love with the step back 3.
That's what makes me worry about him. Seems like he's got a little Brandon Jennings in him... the good and the bad.

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Burke might be the Mike Conley/Russell Westbrook of this year's draft. I could see him going top 3-5 especially if Orlando winds up picking that high. Actually, I could see all three PGs going in the top 7-10 picks. Damn. All these guys were in the 20-40 range at the start of the year.
Burke isn't in the same class as these two guys from an athletic standpoint though. That was a big part of the reason why their stock went up so much leading up to the draft. He is more crafty and quick rather than incredibly explosive when compared to the very elite. Regardless, he has got the offensive skillset you desire your point guard to have.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
This kid can play. I watched him tear up in the B10. He can score, dish, and has the capability of being a very solid defender. If there's one thing I definitely know about him is that he's clutch and is the type of player you want handling the ball with the game on the line.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Michael Carter Williams and Trey Burke are topping my big board for the Pelicans inaugural draft.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Trey is a straight up baller that may end up being similar (injury wise) to Kyrie Irving.

Strength dude, strength.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Currently projected to go 7th to SAC by DraftExpress, I hope for his sake that's not accurate.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
He's currently projected 2nd by the latest ESPN Insider Mock Draft.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Does Ben McLemore go 1st in that scenario?

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts

·
51,450 Posts
Does Ben McLemore go 1st in that scenario?
No

1 Nerlens Noel
2 Trey Burke
3 Otto Porter
4 Ben McLemore
5 Victor Oladipo
6 Alex Len
7 Michael Carter-Williams
8 Anthony Bennett
9 C.J. McCollum
10 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
11 Cody Zeller
12 Steven Adams
13 Dario Saric
14 Shabazz Muhammad

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Don't let Ben Gordon even talk to Ben McLemore, that's a train wreck waiting to happen. Though I think he'd be a good fit with MKG and Kemba.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol @ Simmons quipping he is ready to trade Rondo for the pick to draft Burke.

I agree with what Simmons said, he is the only guy I feel confident about that he is going to be good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts