Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trade Curry for Wright just to get rid of ERob's contract? Moronic.

Curry's going to be in the same spot as Crawford after this season. Trading a budding star for cap room is the MO.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-040829bullskc,1,5328220.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

Recent trade talks with Memphis regarding Curry were legitimate and serious, with names like Lorenzen Wright and Bo Outlaw almost making the Bulls bite on a larger package involving Eddie Robinson.

Team Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, who met with Curry shortly after last season to impress upon him his value to the franchise, remains a supporter. That's why he has made it clear that Paxson must receive equal value in any Curry trade.

Curry will be a restricted free agent next summer and the Bulls want to avoid a repeat of the Jamal Crawford saga. One team—the Knicks—drove Crawford's price tag out of the Bulls' budget, forcing them to make a trade based more on financial than basketball reasons.

The trade value for Curry, who has alternately pleased and peeved management with his work ethic this summer, might be at its highest.

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Crawford was understandable. The influx of combo guards who shoot below 40 percent from the field doesn't make it hard to find one. And he was a siv on the defensive end. He still woulda done some good but Craw was expendable if only because he didn't really wanna be here. That being said...

If Paxson deals Eddy Curry for two scrubs simply for cap room...I'll re-sign as a Bulls fan FOREVER. In fact Paxson might become our own personal STEVE BARTMAN.

Curry for Cap = MORONIC

·
Registered
897 Posts
Originally posted by <b>T.Shock</b>!
If Paxson deals Eddy Curry for two scrubs simply for cap room...I'll re-sign as a Bulls fan FOREVER. In fact Paxson might become our own personal STEVE BARTMAN.

Curry for Cap = MORONIC
I crought this up last week and posters on here thought i was STUPID. I knew this is what paxson was trying to get dun. This will be one of athe dumbest trades in B-ball history if it does go down..

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Kismet</b>!
http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114223&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

C'mon, this is ground that's already been covered. Posters on this board are smarter than to think that Curry would be traded for Wright and Outlaw. Enough with the unwarranted cheap shots at Paxson, alright? If you're going to slam him, at least do it for something that has a basis in fact. Sheesh!
Last year at this time i would have agreed with you. But, given that we just traded a valuable commidity in Jamal Crawford for NOTHING, i would view trading Curry for Outlaw and Wright as a better deal (although there is no way in hell I’d do the trade)! Outlaw and Wright can at least seemingly contribute.

I would put nothing past Paxson at this stage. Who knows what he is capable of?

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Any organization that turns

Ron Artest
Elton Brand
Brad Miler

into

Antonio Davis
Cezary Trybanski
Frank Williams
Othella Harrington
Eric Piatkowski
Adrian Griffin
Mike Wilks
Tyson Chandler

can't have anything put past them.

Anyways, isn't that transition above the reason we're still horrible. We turned 3 all-stars into 8 role players who contribute on an average basis.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
We all have to read these articles and evaluate if the info is true or not. EVERYBODY in the NBA is trashing our players and the organization as a whole. Unfortunately, the people who are pretty close to the team are doing the same as well: Chicago writers, Former players, and fans.

If you call up the Lakers, Heat, Pacers, likely, they will offer us their 11th or 12th guy for Curry, Chandler, or Hinrich. Realistically, these players are not as effective and delivering wins yet but they are young and very talented. I bet they would be worth a lot more on those teams. Look at Artest, Miller, Brand, and even Hassell. If you told me that Hassell would sign a contract of $26M two years ago, i would look at you and tell you "you are CRAZY".

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kukoc4ever</b>!

Last year at this time i would have agreed with you. But, given that we just traded a valuable commidity in Jamal Crawford for NOTHING...
Thats not true,

We got Piatkowski back...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts