Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is the only Blazer to have played in each game this season?

--

Aside from that, I'll posit a few more questions to you. Answer away:

- If you're an owner, how much (monetarily) is a player's health worth?

There seem to be those guys who never seem healthy enough to make it through an entire season. Granted, an 82-game schedule is probably quite difficult on the body, but there are many guys who play every game. How much would you pay to guarantee a clean bill of health for a season? We might have cleared up some pressing issues had Miles been healthy all season.

- Did injuries this season help the Blazers (evaluation-wise) more than hurt them (w/l)?

I'll take your answers off the air.

·
The Dude Abides
295 Posts
"Who is the only Blazer to have played in each game this season? "
I'm guessing that would be Blake?
ETA-Wrong and surprised,though the thought did cross my mind. (short trip :laugh: )
"If you're an owner, how much (monetarily) is a player's health worth"
In the case of the Blazers owner,considering Theos history and contract it evidently doesn't figure into the equation at all. Even with the understanding that anything can happen during the course of a season,"if I'm an owner",injury history (or lack of) would and should be taken into consideration. How much? Depends.
"Did injuries this season help the Blazers (evaluation-wise) more than hurt them (w/l)?"
It helped because even though it was supposed to be an evaluation type season,Nate professed that he would have a tough time keeping that in mind rather than going for the win. IIRC he asked his asssistants to remind him of the fact when need be. With all the injuries that occurred this year,the younger players got more playing time and some were played out of position,Zach at center etc.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Jack is the only player to play every game. Untile last week he was the only player not to have started either. I would rather have 12 super star players who played 1/2 the games than 12 average players who never missed a game.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Jack is the only Blazer to have played in every game this year, they mention it constantly on air, he was also the only Blazer not to start until last week.

Important to note however since we're talking about team health Blake has not been injured at all this year, he didn't play in the beginning of the year because he was supposed to be "insurance" and Bassy was supposed to be the "future" so Blake rode the bench as Bassy started. Then was given sparing minutes until Bassy got injured when Blake got the start.

I think team health is very important, it's hard to get into a rhythm and a set rotation when you have a revolving door of starters. There's a reason why teams in the playoffs solidify their rosters. I guess given the point of this season (evaluating talent, developing youth) the constant change in lineup could be construed as a positive, but I think it's also indicitive of our fantastic losing percentage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.