Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Just heard on the news that it's already a pretty big hurricane. They said that it's pretty rare for a strom that far away to be that strong already. Doesn't sound like good news for me... or you for that matter. It's supposed to reach the Caribbean in a week or so I believe.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:eek:

I didn't realize it was already a hurricane. I've read some places that it's going to hit Puerto Rico on thurdsay, some places say Hispaniola... so maybe it'll miss. Or at least graze southern PR.

Did they say it's coming up to Florida too?

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Hurrican Ivan is a category 5 Hurricane now with winds up to 160 MPH.

It's supposed to hit Jamaica and then Cuba in the next few days. 160 MPH is some serious ****, pray for these poor people in Cuba and Jamaica :cry:

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sMaKDiSDoWn</b>!
Hurrican Ivan is a category 5 Hurricane now with winds up to 160 MPH.

It's supposed to hit Jamaica and then Cuba in the next few days. 160 MPH is some serious ****, pray for these poor people in Cuba and Jamaica :cry:
****. I'm still busting my *** to try and repair the damage to my house done by Frances a few days ago, now this. When is it all going to end?:upset:

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Yep, it is coming and it is nasty. Category five on a scale of 1 to 5. Not good.

There is a good chance it could head up into the gulf then turn East and slam right into my neck of the woods. This might be the first time I might have to consider getting the hell out of dodge. As much damage as Frances did around here only being a tropical storm by the time it got to me, I now realize that Cat 4/5 hurricane without a lot of land to take its power away is nothing to mess with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts