Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ron Artest appeared in a Queens courtroom on harassment charges yesterday as his ex-girlfriend described the NBA star as an insecure, jealous man who would turn his anger on her when his team lost.

"He has very low self-esteem," Jennifer Palmer, 22, said yesterday of the 6-foot-7 Indiana Pacers forward. "Whenever he'd lose, he'd come home and say, 'I'm a loser, why do you love me?'

"I was scared after they lost," she said in a conference call with her attorney, referring to the Pacers' elimination by the New Jersey Nets in the first round of the playoffs in May. "I knew what was coming: He's going to come home and come and drink and just mope, and everything is my fault."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/5464p-5093c.html

Of course there are two sides to every story, I just found this curious and, unfortunately, not surprising.

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
The more I read and hear about Ron Artest, the more I'm convinced the Bulls made a very smart decision in trading him.

Unfortunate, 'cause the guy has talent.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Ron's faults on the basket ball aren't physical. If the man could get his self esteem in order he could become an all star quality player.

I will always admire Artest's zest for the game. He was one of my favorite players on a couple very bad Bulls teams. After they traded Brand, he and Brad Miller were the lone Bulls player whose game I liked.

Ron can D up, slash, rebound and shoot the jumper, what he couldn't do was stay focused. Training the mind, is as important as training the body. I would love to see Ron end up with Phil Jackson. Jackson's book list alone could vastly help Ron the Rottweiler.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
"Whenever he'd lose, he'd come home and say, 'I'm a loser, why do you love me?'

lol, he must have been saying that a lot with his first few seasons with the Bulls

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Man, Artest has got some real problems.

I don't think they are just self-esteem issues. I think it goes way beyond that. There would be times on the court when he was just fine, then two seconds later in a fit of rage.

Just Ask MJ. Big Dog. The Pacers crowd during the January Bulls vs. Pacers game.

He has some serious mental issues to have worked out. He may be schitzo... who knows?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Originally posted by RetroDreams
Man, Artest has got some real problems.

I don't think they are just self-esteem issues. I think it goes way beyond that. There would be times on the court when he was just fine, then two seconds later in a fit of rage.

Just Ask MJ. Big Dog. The Pacers crowd during the January Bulls vs. Pacers game.

He has some serious mental issues to have worked out. He may be schitzo... who knows?
Those are signs of manic depression not schizophrenia which is much more serious than manic. Lets not get too crazy about this til we hear Ron's side. Its not like he abused her or anything. She is probably just trying to make a name for herself.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
That's his baby-momma. He should not be threatening her at all. She did the right thing if she felt afraid.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by Fordy74

Those are signs of manic depression not schizophrenia which is much more serious than manic. Lets not get too crazy about this til we hear Ron's side. Its not like he abused her or anything. She is probably just trying to make a name for herself.
If Artest hadn't done so many crazy things in the past, I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Fordy, for you to say she said this stuff to make a name for herself is just ridiculous. You know this how?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by BCH
That's his baby-momma. He should not be threatening her at all. She did the right thing if she felt afraid.
Couldn't agree more. And how about the fact that at the age of 22 he's already fathered a total of three children out of wedlock.

Tribune: Heslin said that Palmer was seeking large child support payments from Artest, who also has two children by another woman.

I'm glad we're rid of him.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Originally posted by HJHJR

Couldn't agree more. And how about the fact that at the age of 22 he's already fathered a total of three children out of wedlock.

Tribune: Heslin said that Palmer was seeking large child support payments from Artest, who also has two children by another woman.

I'm glad we're rid of him.
Yeah, he could definitely use some Phil Jackson in his life. Or some MJ -- teaching him to properly channel his aggression on the court. MJ was such a vindictive player! He'd get his revenge, whether it was the next play, or the next game. But he never got out of control (well, there was that one time he punched Pax or Kerr in practice, I don't remember...).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Whatever the problem is that Ron Artest need to control himself and not ruin his life and his career.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Too bad I say....

Originally posted by HAWK23
"Whenever he'd lose, he'd come home and say, 'I'm a loser, why do you love me?'

lol, he must have been saying that a lot with his first few seasons with the Bulls
.....he could have been something special. I hope he gets it turned around ....FAST!

"The mind, what a terrible thing to waste.":no:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
I still think he is gonna be a great player.. I wish the bulls still had him defintely
Not me. Ron seemed to want to be the focal point of the offense. Plus wit hhis unpredictable behavior, we don't need him around the kids. I really do hope he gets straightened out before he hurts himself or someone else.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I thought he married his girlfriend---the one he came in the league with. He has her name tattooed on his arm.

She gave him two kids...

Artest is another pippen unfortunately. I bet Krause saw it too---and decided the talent wasn't worth the headache this time around...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Actually Pippen was a total a--hole off the court and except for a major choke when it really counted, a great player on the court. Unfortunately Artest seems to be seriosly emotionally disturbed I really feel bad for Artest.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by L.O.B
Jackson's book list alone could vastly help Ron the Rottweiler.
That's assuming Ron can read

Also , Svengali Phil aint everybody's horsewhisperer

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by dkg1

Not me. Ron seemed to want to be the focal point of the offense. Plus wit hhis unpredictable behavior, we don't need him around the kids. I really do hope he gets straightened out before he hurts himself or someone else.
as bad as we were, it would be a bad sign if artest DIDNT want to take a leadership role

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by JOHNNY_BRAVisimO
as bad as we were, it would be a bad sign if artest DIDNT want to take a leadership role
What I meant was that he took stupid shots and did not even look into the post when either Curry or Tyson was there. What you are calling leadership, I considered selfish, bad basketball.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by dkg1

What I meant was that he took stupid shots and did not even look into the post when either Curry or Tyson was there. What you are calling leadership, I considered selfish, bad basketball.
maybe bad masketball, but i wouldnt say selfish, he just dosent have a high bball IQ, but i love his heart!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts