Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gimme your opinion - how many 50 home run seasons between Harper / Trout? How many for each one?

I'm going to say 2 for Trout, and 4 for Harper. I think Trout is going to have more longevity, but I think that Harper is going to have some explosive years.

Put on your optimist hat for this one. Assume they reach their potential. Don't be a downer on it - lets just speculate.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
Lol omg this is dumb. Trout 0, Harper 3. Trout is LeBron. Harper is Durant. Harper has more pop always has and always will. Trout is better defensively and on the bases. Trout will hit for a higher career average. 10 Gold Gloves for trout, 6 for Harper. 3 batting titles for Trout, 1 for harper. 4 stolen base titles for Trout, 0 for Harper. 3 MVPS for Trout, 5 MVPS for Harper. Since the first time I saw Bryce Harper play baseball when he was 15 I said he was going to be a top 5 player of all time and I still think that is a great possibility. Trout will never hit 50. 42 will be the most he ever hits. Harper will hit 56,59, and 51. I'll archive this and save for a later bump in about 15 years

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
I feel like it would have been easier to just ask who will end up being the better player. 50 HR seasons I think is obviously for Harper and I don't see how you can dispute it

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel like it would have been easier to just ask who will end up being the better player. 50 HR seasons I think is obviously for Harper and I don't see how you can dispute it
I didn't ask who hits more. I didn't ask who is better. I asked how many will they have. That's a completely different question - and I don't see how this question is irrelevant when we're talking about a Mike Trout that going into his age 22 season and is built like a freaking tank. He's got a 30 homer season under his belt, which he achieved at the age of 20 in only 139 games.

Like I said - I think Harper will shine brightest, but for a shorter period of time - hence 4. I think that Trout, with his power potential (and he DOES have plenty of it), and the probability of a longer more productive career - he does it twice.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Trout-2
Harper- 4 and he'll reach 60 in at least one of them.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
btw assuming they reach there potential. Harper hits for 50 HR's 8 times. He's that talented and young
You do realize just how short the list of guys that have done it four times apiece is, right? Even if he stays healthy - that's doubling the current record for most 50 homer seasons. Sosa, McGwire, and Ruth all made it there four times. Sosa and McGwire on juice, in juiced eras. Ruth in a juiced-ball era.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
I didn't ask who hits more. I didn't ask who is better. I asked how many will they have. That's a completely different question - and I don't see how this question is irrelevant when we're talking about a Mike Trout that going into his age 22 season and is built like a freaking tank. He's got a 30 homer season under his belt, which he achieved at the age of 20 in only 139 games.

Like I said - I think Harper will shine brightest, but for a shorter period of time - hence 4. I think that Trout, with his power potential (and he DOES have plenty of it), and the probability of a longer more productive career - he does it twice.
Chill bro I love you. short answer was Harper. My bad, ****

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
Yes I was a very good baseball player in my high school days without good enough gpa to make it to college and I know a lot of people in the minors/majors and I know a bit. Of course I can't post my source or tell anyone and idc if you believe me.

·
51,478 Posts
Wait? Are you still holding on to hopes that A-Roid was clean? Jesus, even I make jokes about Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz. You need to learn to lighten up.
:hano:

Granderson & Cano(would not be surprised though)

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just take the view that anyone that sprouts a bunch of muscles overnight or suddenly recaptures their youth is practicing better living through chemistry. About the MLB star I'm sure isn't on steroids is Prince Fielder. His drug of choice is clearly Wendy's triple cheeses.
Wendys has vegetarian triple cheeses?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts