Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THEY ROCK!!!!!!!

Sorry, this forum is dead, and I wanted to see a new post in here.

But if I have gotten your attention, let me ask you this.

It has been suggested on another Nets board (by one poster) that Nets should trade Reggie and Tyshawn for a sharpshooter.

I think Nets should keep Reggie, as rebounding (other than Reggie) is not a Net strength.

And he has a very reasonable contract.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Reggie Evans is a banger. He should definitely be kept on the team. The guy is all hustle and heart. A real blue collar work ethic.

Besides the Nets have Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Brook Lopez, Jason Terry, Andray Blatche, Andrei Kirilenko, Shaun Livingston, Jerry Stackhouse, and Deron Williams. Scoring the basketball shouldn't be a problem at all for the Nets. This team is stacked!!

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I just don't see them having any available minutes for this mystery sharpshooter unless they are ravaged by injury.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Reggie Evans is a banger. He should definitely be kept on the team. The guy is all hustle and heart. A real blue collar work ethic.

Besides the Nets have Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Brook Lopez, Jason Terry, Andray Blatche, Andrei Kirilenko, Shaun Livingston, Jerry Stackhouse, and Deron Williams. Scoring the basketball shouldn't be a problem at all for the Nets. This team is stacked!!
:jet:

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
I didn't watch many Nets game last year, but maybe someone else can add to this. The games I did happen to catch, Stackhouse was getting minutes. He's a solid vet, great (or has been in the past) getting to the line where he shoots over 80%, and is actually a decent three point shooter. Granted he's getting up their in age, but seems to go hand in hand with this new Nets team. Oh yeah and Stackhouse is one of the few guys left in the league you don't want to play games with. His track record for kicking ass is well documented. Never hurts to have a few players on your team that brings that element to the court.

So I maintain putting the ball in the basket shouldn't be a problem for the Nets. In fact this Nets team if healthy should be top four in the East, and has a very good chance to win it all. They will be a contender. And it's clear KG and Pierce are salty about getting the push out of Boston. They're going to want to prove something again this up coming year.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Stackhouse is gone, and the Nets are better for it
News to me that he's gone. I was sure he was still listed on their roster. Anyways, I'm more interested in why you say the Nets are better off for it. Considering he plays a limited role, and with the new roster his role would be only for veteran leadership and garbage minutes. I don't see any harm in that. And one thing Stackhouse has always been able to do is put the ball in the basket.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Yeah, but some of that paper is yellowing and curling at the edges
That's why the young players need to plug in and make a contribution. The Spurs are a fine example of this. Everyone always writing them off due to age. However they find the right young players to put around their aging stars , and they win because of it. These Nets look like they might be something very special this up coming season.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Stackhouse is supposedly a good locker room presence, and he can knock down corner threes, the Nets aren't necessarily better off without him. But as far as him being a scoring option for the Nets?...

:jet:

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
It's not so much that Stack is a scoring option in the sense that Joe Johnson is a scoring option, but that he can hit a corner three at a decent rate. That being said, Jason Terry is just fine from the perimeter as well. With Teletovic absolutely buried in Brooklyn, however, I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved to a team that needs a stretch four in return for a decent player, in the event of an injury.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last season, Stack was horrific offensively and defensively, and as far as him being a good lockerroom presence, Stack's words were, 'Deron needs to be coached'.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
There will be some games where KG nor Pierce, even though healthy will not play at all. That's when someone like Anderson will get a decent burn. Blatche will get minutes behind the bigs, but will start if KG gets a night off. I can see Kidd staggering the lineups each night giving our vets a night off. Plus you don't want to see KG average more than 26 a night in the regular season. Kidd saw extra minutes when the Knicks suffered an injury big mid year, he ran out of gas by April, so he's experienced it first hand what an overload of minutes can result in.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Yea, Kidd's biggest task is just going to be to resist the urge to "prove" himself as a coach by gunning for the best record in the East. You're going through some mixture of Chicago/Indy/Miami (throw the Knicks in there if you want) in rounds 2 and 3 regardless of where you finish, so the most important regular-season goal is to finish healthy and with relatively fresh legs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts