Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
If you don't get an offer to play division I basketball, if you really want to hoop, you might want to think about going to a prep school, where you could get some burn. Make sure to have someone videotape your games, while you are in HS, so you can have tapes to send out to recruiters.

Or you could go to JUCO and try your luck there and play there for two years and then trying for D-I. D-II, a lot of guys walk-on and play, but if it's a good D-II program, guys transfer down from D-I universities for a variety of reasons.

Hope that all works out for you. Much success in going for it.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
:greatjob: You got it.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
what kind of D-1 schools or conferences are you looking at? If your looking at a mid-major type conferencce team, but don't get any offers or anything I would recommend JUCO or prep school for a year or so, then you could transfer to D-1. It is not that very difficult to do that, and lots of mid-major conference schools are very open to taking JUCO transfers because the players with good expirience help out the conference and the team to be competitive quicker.

If your a good point gaurd...go to the University of Vermont, we are going to need one. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts