Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3485406

What can I say, he's written alot of terrible articles but this one gets to me for some reason. This is the guy that called Kevin Garnett the best defender in the league a WEEK after the rookie Amare lit him up for 38. Then he starts trashing LeBron because a red hot Tayshane Prince scores on him.

It's not that he says LeBron is a bad defender that makes me mad. I can live with someone disagreeing with me. It's that he gets off flaming a different player each week for some intangible he doesn't understand.

It isn't enough to comment on the game, you have to trash some player, any player, to get attention. Charley Rosen can't play, he can't coach, but he's making a pretty good career as an internet troll.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
There's definitely an "angry drunk" type slant to his writings. I suppose he's found his niche... Fox.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Phil Jackson has to wash his left hand when Rosen is done "talking"

Rosen picking on LeBron simply means that Phil could be interested in the Cleveland job, but wants LeBron to become a complete player.

Just apply a filter of "How would this benefit Phil Jackson" to any of Rosen's angry drunken troll diatribes.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Amplifier said:
This is the guy that called Kevin Garnett the best defender in the league a WEEK after the rookie Amare lit him up for 38.
Garnett guards Marion most of the time when they play, not Amare. So Amare lit up Ervin Johnson, Michael Olowokandi, and some other bums for 38, not Garnett. At least get your facts straight. I'm guessing this guy is an idiot, but at least get your facts straight when talking about him.

·
Registered
153 Posts
cpawfan said:
Phil Jackson has to wash his left hand when Rosen is done "talking"

Rosen picking on LeBron simply means that Phil could be interested in the Cleveland job, but wants LeBron to become a complete player.

Just apply a filter of "How would this benefit Phil Jackson" to any of Rosen's angry drunken troll diatribes.
exactly. he disses the rox and jvg because phil has beef with him from back when phil was in chi and jvg was an assistant in ny.

Reactions: SeaNet

·
Banned
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
q said:
Garnett guards Marion most of the time when they play, not Amare. So Amare lit up Ervin Johnson, Michael Olowokandi, and some other bums for 38, not Garnett. At least get your facts straight. I'm guessing this guy is an idiot, but at least get your facts straight when talking about him.
I saw that games highlights. Amare scored on Garnett more than a few times. That's why that example sticks out in my head so much.

·
Registered
392 Posts
q said:
He is speaking about the Suns vs. T-Wolves game on 12/30/2002 in which Amare lit KG up for 38 pts. Note that in 02-03 neither Michael Olowokandi nor Ervin Johnson were on the team.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
roastedtoaster said:
He is speaking about the Suns vs. T-Wolves game on 12/30/2002 in which Amare lit KG up for 38 pts. Note that in 02-03 neither Michael Olowokandi nor Ervin Johnson were on the team.
Whatever. Note that KG still was not guarding Amare. KG has always matched up with Marion when playing the Suns. Sorry.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
KG is one of the best defenders in the league. Though his D has fallen off this season, it's still quite elite.

But yes, Rosen's overanalyzation of everything (and most of the time based on single games) is patently absurd.

·
Banned
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
q said:
Whatever. Note that KG still was not guarding Amare. KG has always matched up with Marion when playing the Suns. Sorry.
I saw the highlights of the game. KG was guarding Amare. If you've never seen KG guard Amare since, now you know why.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Amplifier said:
I saw the highlights of the game. KG was guarding Amare. If you've never seen KG guard Amare since, now you know why.
I saw the entire game, every game the past 3 or 4 years of the Wolves, and Garnett hasn't guarded Amare. Maybe he did for certain plays, but he was mostly on Marion.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
q said:
I saw the entire game, every game the past 3 or 4 years of the Wolves, and Garnett hasn't guarded Amare. Maybe he did for certain plays, but he was mostly on Marion.
why isn't the Wolves best interior defender apointed to the suns' best offensive post threat?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
why isn't the Wolves best interior defender apointed to the suns' best offensive post threat?
Why doesn't Duncan (the Spurs best interior defender) guard Garnett (wolves' best offensive post threat) much when they play?

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
q said:
Why doesn't Duncan (the Spurs best interior defender) guard Garnett (wolves' best offensive post threat) much when they play?
Trying to draw a parallel?
Well, i've seen Duncan guard Shaq.
Plus KG doesn't have that much of a post game.

Your move.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
Trying to draw a parallel?
Well, i've seen Duncan guard Shaq.
Plus KG doesn't have that much of a post game.

Your move.
Watch KG.

Your Move.

(btw, Duncan not guarding Garnett is even worse than Garnett not guarding Stoudamire. The Wolves center can't handle Marion, but can handle Stoudamire. The Spurs center can guard Garnett or the Wolves center. And what does Duncan guarding Shaq have to do with anything?)

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
q said:
Watch KG.
Well, if you consider mid-range jumpers as a main trait of a power forward, then it's up to you.

Your Move.

(btw, Duncan not guarding Garnett is even worse than Garnett not guarding Stoudamire. The Wolves center can't handle Marion, but can handle Stoudamire. The Spurs center can guard Garnett or the Wolves center. And what does Duncan guarding Shaq have to do with anything?)
Look, q, you are a good poster and i like to read your info.

But we both know why KG doesn't guard Duncan and/or Amare: he can't.
And we both know why Duncan doesn't guard KG: it would be a waste of Duncan's post presence to have him chase KG all night along the 3 point line... KG's passing would tear the Spurs paint defenders apart.

agree?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
Well, if you consider mid-range jumpers as a main trait of a power forward, then it's up to you.
Go back and reread the first thing I said in my last post.

PauloCatarino said:
Look, q, you are a good poster and i like to read your info.
:cool:

PauloCatarino said:
But we both know why KG doesn't guard Duncan and/or Amare: he can't.
The stupidest thing I've heard in quite a long time. Kevin Garnett is one of the best defenders in this league, there is absolutely no question about that. And he could guard Duncan and Amare very very well. Better than maybe anybody else in the entire league.

PauloCatarino said:
And we both know why Duncan doesn't guard KG: it would be a waste of Duncan's post presence to have him chase KG all night along the 3 point line... KG's passing would tear the Spurs paint defenders apart.
I guess?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts