Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In this week's TSN, I quote from the Inside Dish column (it's online, but I don't have the URL handy):

"Having grown frustrated with the stalemate in negotiations with SF Rashard Lewis, the Sonics are doing what once seemed impossible: They are exploring sign-and-trade possibilities."

What kind of deal could the Bulls make to land Lewis? Players, CBA, etc., taken into account...

Lewis is young, but his potential is playing out quite well already.

I figure the Sonics might be willing to consider any deal.

My thinking is:

* Something like Fizer, ERob, and Crawford - which I would not hesitate to offer.

* Lewis, Marshall, Curry, Rose and Williams would make a formidable starting lineup.

* Chandler, Baxter, Mason, Hassell, and Blount make a more than decent bench. Travis Best might be a good pickup after such a deal.

·
Registered
785 Posts
4 small forwards, all making 5 mil+? That's would be what...30 mil a season just on the small forward position?

Makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Eddie Robinson
Jalen Rose
Donyell Marshall

and Lewis after he is traded for. I made the assumption of course that he's also getting the max. So that would equqte to roughly 30 mil a season on small forwards alone.

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>local_sportsfan</b>!
Eddie Robinson
Jalen Rose
Donyell Marshall

and Lewis after he is traded for. I made the assumption of course that he's also getting the max. So that would equqte to roughly 30 mil a season on small forwards alone.
ERob was part of the trade I suggested.

Rose is a guard, IMO.

Marshall is 6'9" 230 lb, averaged 7.6rpg in 30 minutes last year. I think he plays both SF and PF.

Baxter is 6'8" 260 lbs, played PF/C for Maryland.

I add:

Lewis is 6'10" 208 lbs.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I'd like to see that, but I think gving up JC in addition to Erob and Fizer is too much. Jamals gonna be really, really good one day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd like to have rashard, but i dont know if i want to give up on Jamal just yet. I would do it for fizer and erob.

Rashard is still young and can grow with our young guys. We need someone to fill into Rose's place when he gets too old.

PG - Jamal, Jwil, (Mason)
SG - Rose, Hassel, (Jamal), (Mason)
SF - Rashard, Marshall, (Rose)
PF - Chandler, Baxter, (Marshall), (Blount)
C - Curry, Blount, Bagaric

A few years down the line, maybe Jamal can bulk up and take over the SG spot.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
One more thing: Do we want to pay Lewis the MAX? I don't think he deserves it. I think we can pay him at around $70M/7 years. As far as giving up Jamal, Fizer, and ERob, I don't have any problem with it. It seems like we are giving up too much but we are gettting one of the top young small forwards in the NBA. We can only have 5 players on the court. Come on! U gotta love Rose, Williams, and Lewis as our perimeter players. They could create all kinds of match-up problems and score tons of pts. All we have three positions set for years to come. Inside, we have Curry at the 5 and Chandler or Marshall at the 4. We will be considered a playoff team immediately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
do the trade keep jamal get rid of donyell marshal, if needed their is no love for someone.
Who hasnt played on your team yet and fizer becuse he has some value and fred hoiberg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts