Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard whether Alando Tucker is taking a medical redshirt this year? I heard that might be the case but the program is keeping it pretty tight-lipped.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The consensus here is that he's done for the season. Every game I see him hobbling around in some kind of boot or cast, and it doesn't look like it's coming off anytime soon. He has only played in 14% of our games so far this season, and a player is eligible for a redshirt if he plays in less than 20% of a team's games. I think they will keep him out all season and just save that year of eligibility for future years. Who knows, I may be wrong, but it looks like bad news for this year's tourney team.:sigh:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Done for the year......

I don't see why Alando would return this year. He played his best game against Marquette and he really didn't look all that great. Wisconsin will probably be another sweet 16 team this year and no further.

However.......WATCH OUT FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!

PG - Devin
SG - Scharif Chambliss
SF - Alando Tucker
PF - Mike Wilkinson
C - Brian Butch

Bench: Boo Wade, Zach Morley, Clayton Hanson, Andreas, Ray Nixon

Any of those bench guys could start in the Big 10.

P.S. Do you guys think we're gonna play UNC in the Big 10/ ACC Challenge next year?

If we get stuck with Maryland I'm gonna be pissed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
done for season...

I was thinking that he was probably done for the year. Yeah with the amount of games he has appeared in, he is still eligible for a medical redshirt. I hope they go that route rather than trying to bring him back before he's ready.

We're going to have a nice lineup next year, don't forget about Kamm Taylor and incoming freshman Flowers & 7 footer Stiemsma!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Done for the year......

Originally posted by <b>apelman2</b>!
P.S. Do you guys think we're gonna play UNC in the Big 10/ ACC Challenge next year?

It doesn't seem to matter who we play in the Challenge. Somehow we always lose. Even when we played Wake, they beat us. I think there's some kind of curse on us, just like down at Mackey Arena.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Re: Done for the year......

Originally posted by <b>apelman2</b>

Hopefully Illinois doesnt have to play NC agin. If Wisconsin played Maryland this year, wanna switch teams?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts