Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Piker
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before anyone says anything, I see that ESPN does not have the correct records for some teams.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Duq, UMass, GW and Bonnie in close ones. They MUST grind out Ws. We cannot afford to be dropping games to NEastern, Lamar, Siena and American. And whats up with Davidson? Down 14 to Charlotte with 8min to go. Not good for the A10 bellcow.

This is an important night in the league. We can absorb a Davidson loss, but everybody else has to do their friggin job.

·
Registered
992 Posts
UMass picks up a solid 9 point win over a team expected to compete for their conference title this year. Starting the year 3-0 is always a good thing. The freshmen are doing great. Sean East hit a 93 foot shot as time expired in the first half and then the team followed up with a solid, but with room for improvement, second half.

Free throw shooting was also a hell of a lot better this time around.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Duq, UMass, GW and Bonnie in close ones. They MUST grind out Ws. We cannot afford to be dropping games to NEastern, Lamar, Siena and American. And whats up with Davidson? Down 14 to Charlotte with 8min to go. Not good for the A10 bellcow.

This is an important night in the league. We can absorb a Davidson loss, but everybody else has to do their friggin job.
Can't you just wait until 1am when you're sauced to give us another chet special?

·
Piker
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh my, I had to work late and I wish I had not just checked the scores.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Crazy night of hoops. #1 Kentucky falls to Evansville.
Watched Wofford lose a heartbreaker to Bill & Mary. They are tenacious and have good 3 point shooters. St Joe's will need to be ready.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I hope the Conference is better than what has transpired so far.
It's not and hasn't been. Smoke and mirrors going on 5 years. It's so painful right now as an A10 fan, and particularly bad right now for us. As '03 said there's no more sugarcoating it. Cue the BBW excuses - I haven't visited yet post-game but I'm sure some have their brown and white glasses on and will try to find a silver lining - there isn't one. Terrible defense, just awful. Fouling is indicative of poor defense. Offensively very inept inside, outside, passing, ball-handling. If you're going to just rely on Dom to get hot you won't win many games. Coach seems to be struggling with rotations. Should Vasquez play, Carpenter, Winston looks good with rookie mistakes, our vet is the only guy playing well (for himself) and Amadi isn't a superstar. He's solid. But the sophs need to shut out the noise and act like they're frosh who need to earn every iota of basketball success they'll get. Lofton walks the ball up and is loose with the handle like he's Jaylen Adams. He's no Jaylen Adams. Yet. I can handle losses. I can't handle no improvement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts