Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I have been fantasizing about the Bonnies being this nationally relevant for so long, that I just assumed everyone else in the league would be up at the same time, and it would be a fun year for everyone. It's gonna be really hard to navigate this season without sounding like a total prick. I will apologize now, and probably many times later, for anything I say that comes off sounding like those Xavier fans who thought they were too good for the A-10.

I do not think the Bonnies are above anyone in the A-10. I'm grateful we didn't get kicked the fuck out in 2003-04, and I'm always proud of every team in this league having any success. (I was there when Fordham won its first A10 tourney game, mobbed their SID to take him out drinking, and offered any red tie in my wardrobe because he only brought one shirt/tie/suit on the trip).

I hope the last decade of me posting a billion fucking words on scheduling has shown how much I care about OUR LEAGUE in addition to my team.

I really don't want to piss off my A-10 brothers while enjoying this season (knock on wood, God willing). I want to be locked up with a high seed so we can drop the A-10 tourney and get a third bid. I want to go to the Final Four first and foremost, because of course I do, but if we can lock our shit and get an extra A-10 bid before that, I'm in favor.

We are a fucking BROTHERHOOD. I know that this year is "our turn," and I'm with Dayton fans knowing they would have been 2020 National Champions. I'm with URI fans beating Oklahoma in 2018. I'm with VCU fans who got so disappointed last year and clearly would have won multiple games if not for infectious disease. I'm gonna be with Duquesne so hard when they're good in the next few years. I am with all you motherfuckers to destroy every team but mine; I root for your team's glory because you're my brothers, and your glory is for our collective greater good.

So please put up with me this season. Pull for us to have glory. And know that while I'm a selfish cunt this season, I will return the favor. May we all take turns being selfish cunts achieving glory.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, SLU has a clean record so far. I’ll give them that. But the eye test tells me they’re an NIT team without Perkins. Same with Richmond and Davidson (good offenses but too weak defensively to beat the truly good teams).

But it’s still early I guess. We’ll see. Teams can get hot.
The Billikens won ugly last night. I thought they may be the closest A-10 team on par with the Bonnies, but I’m not sure.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I have been fantasizing about the Bonnies being this nationally relevant for so long, that I just assumed everyone else in the league would be up at the same time, and it would be a fun year for everyone. It's gonna be really hard to navigate this season without sounding like a total prick. I will apologize now, and probably many times later, for anything I say that comes off sounding like those Xavier fans who thought they were too good for the A-10.

I do not think the Bonnies are above anyone in the A-10. I'm grateful we didn't get kicked the fuck out in 2003-04, and I'm always proud of every team in this league having any success. (I was there when Fordham won its first A10 tourney game, mobbed their SID to take him out drinking, and offered any red tie in my wardrobe because he only brought one shirt/tie/suit on the trip).

I hope the last decade of me posting a billion fucking words on scheduling has shown how much I care about OUR LEAGUE in addition to my team.

I really don't want to piss off my A-10 brothers while enjoying this season (knock on wood, God willing). I want to be locked up with a high seed so we can drop the A-10 tourney and get a third bid. I want to go to the Final Four first and foremost, because of course I do, but if we can lock our shit and get an extra A-10 bid before that, I'm in favor.

We are a fucking BROTHERHOOD. I know that this year is "our turn," and I'm with Dayton fans knowing they would have been 2020 National Champions. I'm with URI fans beating Oklahoma in 2018. I'm with VCU fans who got so disappointed last year and clearly would have won multiple games if not for infectious disease. I'm gonna be with Duquesne so hard when they're good in the next few years. I am with all you motherfuckers to destroy every team but mine; I root for your team's glory because you're my brothers, and your glory is for our collective greater good.

So please put up with me this season. Pull for us to have glory. And know that while I'm a selfish cunt this season, I will return the favor. May we all take turns being selfish cunts achieving glory.
EYOA

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I would say there's a difference between "passed" and "having a better year."
Right, I was looking at it in terms of this season. They are going to be stronger than us and their 3rd or even 4th team may have a better resume than our 2nd this season. On the whole, sure one season does not alter history, and as mentioned BYU is about to leave. But a concerning trend has been the A10's inability to get off to fast starts as a whole.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

If Muddy Waters was still around, he'ld be adding the Bonnies to his future Big East map. ;-)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts