Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Pretty solid first game for the Bonnies. Given the poor jump shooting, I’ll take that effort. Tough team win in which SBU led from wire to wire. Hopefully, we’ll see Anthony Roberts make his debut this weekend.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Does anybody else think that Winston is going to have a problem with 5 minutes per game?
Schmidt will have a short leash with him this year. Maybe dont jack up 2 NBA distance 3's and coach wont take you out. He will have his days for us though, this just wasnt one of them

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Winston gets lost on D too often. He can learn and get more minutes, but just slow things down and watch Adaway/Winston defend screens and back cuts, respectively. There is your minute disparity.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Man oh man. I have a fun team to watch. Not sure what will happen this year or even the rest of tonight but they make my bball life interesting.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Oh my! Wasn't Charlotte 0-3 coming in to that Hornet trophy game? Sheesh

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I havent seen a Bonnie team pass this well in a long time. They have moved the ball really well and have got a lot of layups and high % shots. Only negative is the 3 pt shooting and some shot selection has been poor. Otherwise that was as good of a half as I could have drawn up.
It was nice to hear Doris Burke on a Bonnies game; she nailed something that made me feel stupid I didn't ID it much sooner:

We tend to have these spells where we try to make extra inside passes and we need to clean that up because they lead to turnovers.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It was nice to hear Doris Burke on a Bonnies game; she nailed something that made me feel stupid I didn't ID it much sooner:

We tend to have these spells where we try to make extra inside passes and we need to clean that up because they lead to turnovers.
Was that Doris Burke? I listened and I do not think it was her.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It was not her but I thought it was her at first. I cant recall who it was, it was a name I did not recognize
I thought it was Brooke Weisbrod.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
He's a snappy dresser, though. That's gotta count for something.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
He's a snappy dresser, though. That's gotta count for something.
Now that Phil is gone, Schmidt might be tied for second best dressed coach behind Grant. FJK And Carla T and his quarter zip are tied for third.

You Bona guys love the “does more with less” schtick. Seriously, the Bonnies aren’t exactly the Little Sisters of the Poor. J Rothstein should be tweeting about the A10 programs that do less with more than other non P5 programs.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts