Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Man, 13 pt favorites at home. Bummer.
I hear ya. Tough loss. I think Hofstra is the favorite to win the CAA. We went up 30-7 against them in the first half last Saturday, only to find ourselves down by 5 with 6 minutes to play in the second half. We were, I think, 11 point favorites at home, and I'm just happy with the 8 point win. Too bad you can't go to Third Base to cope.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VCU almost blew a 20 point lead when the young players decided they were good enough to go down the stretch in auto-pilot. It goes in the win column though. On to the next. Hagan awaits.

Reactions: alexeevladimir

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I'm afraid that Paul would still find the "easy pickup" option at the 3rd Base beyond his abilities.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Hey, easy now. One of these days (not in the winter) I'm rolling into 3rd base.
And I mean literally; I'll probably be in a wheel chair by then.

They do serve Makers...right?

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I appears we have Vladimir from Moscow handing out the likes for Beam among other things.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Back in the day I would hangout at a dive bar below Church Hill in RVA. There was a wild and crazy regular in the pub that would get the bartender to pour all of the alcohol from rubber spill mat into a glass for him to drink.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Back in the day I would hangout at a dive bar below Church Hill in RVA. There was a wild and crazy regular in the pub that would get the bartender to pour all of the alcohol from rubber spill mat into a glass for him to drink.
Patrick Henry Pub?

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Patrick Henry Pub?
Poe's Pub

Back when I lived on the Hill overlooking the bend in the James River I staggered up the cobblestone walk after many raucous nights at Poe's. I spent so much money there I have to own a stake in the pub. One night I got to the top of the hill and I saw a burning cross. They were filming the open for the Vernon Johns story. James Earl Jones was playing the role of Johns. He came over when I yelled. He shook my hand and I asked for a photo. He looked at me and when he realized I was three sheets into the wind he declined and got in his limo and drove off. Ha! I had to smell like an open bourbon bottle. I was jilted by King Jaffe Joffer and Darth Vader so I was still happy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts