Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 21 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
The Flyer’s out scored HBU by 24 in the second half and sleep walked to a 99 to 68 win.

Obi has a double double 17 and 10 in 24 minutes

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Flyers looked like a train wreck for about 25 minutes. Guards awful, not pushing the ball and making Baptist pay for over-committing. Bad turnovers, not getting on the floor for loose balls. Baptist hit 5 of their first 6 treys and were up 9pts on the Flyers. Dayton knuckled down in the 2nd half and the final score will suggest this was a smooth laugher, but Dayton will get their buttooskies handed to them this weekend vs Saint Marys if they duplicate this performance. Defensive intensity was pre-Maui which is not good.

Bright spots were Chase Johnson and Tschimonga off the bench. Chatman still looked hung over from Dotson rolling him in the Maui title game. And Obi sat the last 13 1/2 minutes.

If UD loses to SMC, byebye ranking. Which has always been UD's M.O. when getting ranked. We absolutely gotta have the W. Especially since SMC swept the home/home series a cpl years ago.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I can't believe we lost to Lafayette. I mean I can, but I can't.
It's going to be a long year. I know you knew it going in, but I guess the UConn game got everyone's hopes up. It's tough going through a rebuild, but St. Joe's has a good track record, and I expect the rebuild to be successful.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I can absolutely believe that you lost to Lafayette. When I predicted 3 - 1 I had St. Joe's specifically in mind. Lafayette is a decent team (not a world beater but decent). The Joey's not so much. It's going to be a long year for your team (not that I'm complaining mind you).

·
Piker
8,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Speaking of St Joe's did anyone happen to hear Dick Vitale's rant about Martelli during the Michigan/Louisville game? It was ridiculous.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Speaking of St Joe's did anyone happen to hear Dick Vitale's rant about Martelli during the Michigan/Louisville game? It was ridiculous.
Yes. It was obnoxious. Saying how Phil got a "raw deal after dedicating 24 years to St. Joe's and Philadelphia." Something like that.

·
Piker
8,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes. It was obnoxious. Saying how Phil got a "raw deal after dedicating 24 years to St. Joe's and Philadelphia." Something like that.
Yep. It was so typical of how these guys work. Vitale and Dakich should be shelved but they keep blathering on.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
If Lange is the right guy, St. Joe’s can get it turned around quickly IMO. It may take four years to get to be at the top of the conference discussions but the Hawks have had really good players (recently) so there is no reason it can’t happen again.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
The part I cant wrap my head around is SJU beat UConn and Bradley and were 2-1 on the season. What in the heck has happened? I understand you're a re-tooled team this year with a new coach but the disparity in being competitive and dropping dogs at home is remarkable. You even played Florida tough. Hawks seem to be playing to the level of the competition.

1 - 21 of 20 Posts