Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I’m not sure who to pull for in the Davies - Richies clash. Probably the Richies in their attempt to land on the right side of the bubble. But, sorry fans of the Dukies, I have to pull for the Commies in the other matchup tonight in RVA.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Why would VCU be 5 point favorites? last week one of their accomplices stated that morale is low on that team. The Duquesne Dukes are playing good basketball. Somethin ain't right

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would VCU be 5 point favorites? last week one of their accomplices stated that morale is low on that team. The Duquesne Dukes are playing good basketball. Somethin ain't right
Accomplices? Ha! Not sure that is the correct word to use. The reason VCU is favored is because they play pretty darn well at home most of the time. I think they have lost maybe 3 games at home the last 2 years.

Morale is low because of injuries and health issues. Two of the seniors will be out for senior night. Marcus Evans is hurt and De'Riante Jenkins, a fan favorite, has left the team due to health issues.

So tonight--Marcus Evans is out. De'Riante Jenkins is out. Corey Douglas is out. Vince Williams is out. Maybe you should take the Dukes and the points. That is unless you think the VCU players and fans can will the team to victory.

I think Rhoades will hold Evans and Williams out until the tournament in Brooklyn and play lots of the young guys these last two games.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Accomplices? Ha! Not sure that is the correct word to use. The reason VCU is favored is because they play pretty darn well at home most of the time. I think they have lost maybe 3 games at home the last 2 years.

Morale is low because of injuries and health issues. Two of the seniors will be out for senior night. Marcus Evans is hurt and De'Riante Jenkins, a fan favorite, has left the team due to health issues.

So tonight--Marcus Evans is out. De'Riante Jenkins is out. Corey Douglas is out. Vince Williams is out. Maybe you should take the Dukes and the points. That is unless you think the VCU players and fans can will the team to victory.

I think Rhoades will hold Evans and Williams out until the tournament in Brooklyn and play lots of the young guys these last two games.
Any gamblers know if opening lines take injuries into account? They seem to take the whole season into account instead, then public opinion takes over.

Even though it seems good if you guys win tonight, I'm not sure I want the young guys playing like the second half against GW all the time for the rest of their career...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m not sure who to pull for in the Davies - Richies clash. Probably the Richies in their attempt to land on the right side of the bubble. But, sorry fans of the Dukies, I have to pull for the Commies in the other matchup tonight in RVA.
Richmond winning would obviously be better for the conference, but Davidson winning and spoiling things would be better for the LOLs since it would be such a Davidson thing to do. Win-Win.

·
Registered
27 Posts

maybe accomplice was a bad word. I'm not a cunning linguist here. Thank you for the information.

by the way did you know Duquesne's coach was LeBron's high school coach??? I don't think ANYONE knows that and we should be reminded of it on the broadcast :) Cheers

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe accomplice was a bad word. I'm not a cunning linguist here. Thank you for the information.

by the way did you know Duquesne's coach was LeBron's high school coach??? I don't think ANYONE knows that and we should be reminded of it on the broadcast :) Cheers
Yep. Being a VCU fan I know that Shaka Smart was one of Coach Dambrot's assistant coaches at Akron. VCU played Akron in an NCAA tournament game pitting them against one another.

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since the Bonnies cant take care of their own business, I am rooting for Richmond and VCU tonight
Always glad to have a Bona fan in my corner. Make sure to watch the game in a Salamanca bar.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Always glad to have a Bona fan in my corner. Make sure to watch the game in a Salamanca bar.
Salamanca, always reminds me of Salamanda, which reminds me of Palaganda...
Just not sure if it is Buddhism, Hinduism, Pali, or Sanskrit..

Maybe I started the Bar part to early...

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since we have the tie breaker with VCU have to root for the Dukes. Will root for the Spiders and Davidson can always win the A10 Tourney for the NCAA bid.
HaHa! Tiebreaker? Does it really make a difference? At this point VCU and UMass are going to meet on Thursday even if they flip one way or another. I have given up worrying about it. I wanted the 10 seed.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
The sample size is now large enough to announce the A10’s biggest douchebag, and it is a TIE, folks:

Tavian Dunn-Martin and Michael Hughes share the honors, everyone.

Congrats to Kellan Grady, Bayley Steele, Josh Colon, Sincere Carry, and Chase Johnson, who were the other finalists.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts