Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else just watch that Gonzaga game today?

Turiaf has got a big body. Has some pretty good skills around the basket, but I didn't see him do much outside of the lane.

Hard to tell what he can do defensively, because Gonzaga played a zone. He did have one very nice block, and seemed to be talking on D in the 2-3.

3-9 from the free throw line, including a bad miss on the front end of a one-and-one with less than a minute to play.

So hard to tell with these college big men these days, because anybody with real size heads straight to the NBA, leaving the 6'-9"-ish Mays and Sheldon Williams' to dominate the paint.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Re: Turiaf

I think scouts/NBA are still weary of French big men, but I think he'll help dispel that notion. He's athletic, has post skills, and blocks shots. I think he'll be a solid NBA player.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts

Channing Frye is the answer to nets problems, its a legit 6'11, very athletic, great range for a big guy, very mobile, good shotblocker. His not coming here to take shots, Jefferson, RJ and Kidd will do that. Nonetheless, Turiaf is another pretty good player, has the NBA body too

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts

Instead of starting a new thread, I'm going to hijack this one and talk about Bogut. Is anyone else watching him running the offense from the top of the key? While his stats, only 2 points, aren't impressive, Utah wouldn't be leading at half time without him. He is a great passer, actually strike that, an incredible passer.b

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts

Has anyone else noticed that Bogut (Croation descent) actually looks a lot like Krstic?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts

Yes and wears a Nets jersey...Petrovic, No. 3. Also he turned down a $2.2 million offer last summer to play for Cibona, Petrovic and Planinic's Croatian team.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Hbwoy said:
Channing Frye is the answer to nets problems, its a legit 6'11, very athletic, great range for a big guy, very mobile, good shotblocker. His not coming here to take shots, Jefferson, RJ and Kidd will do that. Nonetheless, Turiaf is another pretty good player, has the NBA body too
Frye is a 2nd round pick from what I've been hearing...I'd say a high one...some maybe wary because of the last Zona center didn't pan out well AKA Loren Woods...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts