Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hedo and the Blazers agree in principle on a deal according to ESPN.com...just came up on the BottomLine...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4304805

Congrats guys. At least for 2-3 years, this will be a great move that really helps out Roy on the offensive end.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Re: Turkoglu is a Blazer

Excellent! :)

Now we just need to make a trade for a starting PG and I'll be happy with this off season.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts

10 million a year for 5 years seems kind of steep for a guy who is going to be 35 or so when the contract is over. I don't picture him being the most productive 35 year old in nba history. I haven't really watched much Turkoglu since his Sacramento days, he looks to have improved alot in Orlando but I still think he's over rated. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he is to Outlaw. For right now, it makes the Blazers a stronger team and it seems like he should fit into the line up nicely. But I am going to be skeptical on this move for awhile. I hope it works out, but I have my doubts.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts

Turkey will be a Magic.

How about this?

Outlaw and Rudy to Rockets for Battier/draft #32?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Can we change the title of this to "Turkoglu is a D-Bag"?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I'm glad the blazers didn't get locked into a bad contract. I'd hate to see a situation like the one in the early 2000's when they got locked into huge long term deals with Damon, Sheed, Kemp, Pippen, and so on. They were no longer contenders but still were paying too too much money on Damon. At one point Damon was the highest paid point guard in the NBA and wasn't even starting. This hurt the Blazers for several years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts