Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Kings’ DeMarcus Cousins suspended 2 games without pay for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliot in a hostile manner after game Friday.
demarcus cousins ‏@boogiecousins

Wow ....

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Re: TWITTER: DeMarcus Cousins Suspened Two Games By NBA

Good. Guys a ****ing dumb ass.

Sad thing is, it won't smarten him up at all.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
How hostile was it that it got him a two game suspension?

·
The Black Mamba
1,652 Posts

Its funny how commentators feel like they have a right to talk shit about players because its a "part of the job" or they happen to be a former player and again feel like they have the right to "criticize". Sooner or later, sh*t gonna hit the fan and as always the media will never learn from their mistakes. I hope Cousins cussed Elliot's weaka$$ out.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

God I wish he was suspended for breaking Eliot's vocal chords. Dude is about 79% of the way to Heinsohn level idiot homerism. Couldn't analyze his way out of a wet paper bag either.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Yeah, I liked Sean Elliot the player. I can't stand Sean Elliot the announcer.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Never heard him, but by the sounds of things he's insufferable. Commentators have the right to criticize, it just shouldn't get personal. Sounds like Elliot made it that way. Two games is absurd.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Never heard him, but by the sounds of things he's insufferable. Commentators have the right to criticize, it just shouldn't get personal. Sounds like Elliot made it that way. Two games is absurd.
How old are you? He used to be on ESPN ten years or so ago. Sounds like a total geek.

Once a game when the lakers played he would marvel about how big shaq was.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
So an analyst calls Cousins out for being an immature child, and Cousins responds by confronting him in such a manner that gets himself suspended without pay for 2 games? Way to make a point and prove him wrong, DeMarcus.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Wonder who told him what Elliot said. Kinda weird for a Cousins' sycophant to be listening to the Spurs broadcast.

How old are you? He used to be on ESPN ten years or so ago. Sounds like a total geek.

Once a game when the lakers played he would marvel about how big shaq was.
Hmmm...I was on a sports hiatus from 98 (post-Jordan retirement) to 2003. Might've just missed him.

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts
You don't talk trash to top 5 all time at their position especially if they've been in the league almost as long as you've played basketball period. Why would you talk trash to a guy who has had 5+ knee surgeries and can't even jump over a plastic cup.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Says he 26. If you just take a moment and look at his avatar.
But you say you're in Tailand when you're in Canada, and I say I'm 96 when I'm 112.

·
Registered
872 Posts

Its funny how commentators feel like they have a right to talk shit about players because its a "part of the job" or they happen to be a former player and again feel like they have the right to "criticize". Sooner or later, sh*t gonna hit the fan and as always the media will never learn from their mistakes. I hope Cousins cussed Elliot's weaka$$ out.
Commentators has a right to criticize. Its their job to talk about the game, players in which if they bashed the players attitude then so what? If they bash the players of how they play? So what. Cousins just proved easily that he's a dummmy.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Ridiculous. Commentators take shots at players all night long on a daily basis throughout the season -- then wan get scared when a player confronts them about it??

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
I'm confused as to why people think it would be ok for Cousins to aggressively confront a commentator for doing his job. If Elliot was that distracting to Cousins, then Cousins is simply a child and needs to grow up.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Ridiculous. Commentators take shots at players all night long on a daily basis throughout the season -- then wan get scared when a player confronts them about it??
Confront him about it?

I go to my job every day and don't try to punch people in the face if they disagree with me or don't like the job I'm doing.

Grow up you ****ing child.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Confront him about it?

I go to my job every day and don't try to punch people in the face if they disagree with me or don't like the job I'm doing.

Grow up you ****ing child.
1.) Elliott wasn't disagreeing with Cousins - he was passing his opinion and judgment on him on a live broadcast with thousands of listeners. Not a commentator's job at all.

2.) Who said anything about punching someone in the face? I haven't read into this beyond this thread, but all it mentioned was that he aggressively confronted him. No one said anything about any violence.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts