Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Re: TWITTER: Heinrich agrees to sign with Bulls

That seems to be the going rate for over the hill point guards this off season.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts

Oh boy... I really hope he's got something left in the tank. Count me as skeptical... he's a versatile backup if he's quick enough to stay in front of people still... that's my concern.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts

ha.. turned down more money from the bucks to sign with chicago...not surprising to me at all

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
This means the Bulls will decline CJ Watson's $3M team option for next year and fill it with Hinrich instead. Essentially a one for one swap.

Tells me the Bulls front office wants Hinrich's combo-guard ability more than Watson's superior scoring ability.

Frankly I don't care. Not really a fan of Hinrich anymore; he has fallen off a cliff the past 3-4 years. The guy just doesn't seem to have interest in playing basketball these days. Then again, CJ is not much better.

It's all about biding time until D-Rose is healthy again and not putting too much pressure on Marquis Teague as a rookie.

·
Kardashian Cursed
12,427 Posts

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Which means they are not matching Asik. Reinsdorf does not pay the tax.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Which means they are not matching Asik. Reinsdorf does not pay the tax.
Remains to be seen. Reinsdorf is on record saying he will only pay the tax for a title contender. Up until last year, the Bulls were never anything close to a title contender. The luxury tax was irrelevant last year b/c they already had the whole team on existing contracts. And with Rose recovering from ACL surgery, they are by definition not a contender for the upcoming season.

We'll eventually see if Reinsdorf backs up those words.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
This is the offseason of players returning to teams that drafted them. Odom, Williams and now Hinrich. Is Camby going to sign in Toronto?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts