Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Twitter:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Houston's multi-year offer to Jeremy Lin includes back-loaded money designed to hit the Knicks hard on luxury tax, source tells Y!

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: REPORT: Rockets Offer RFA Lin Deal; Poison PIll for NY to match

Back-loaded for the Knicks to swallow poison pill on the luxury tax, eh?

Didn't know the Rockets wanted to **** the Knicks all along. :laugh:

Ah, the wonders of the CBA.

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts

Haha wow, Dallas and Knicks are getting so screwed this F.A.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Re: TWITTER: Rockets Offer RFA Lin Deal; Poison Pill for NY to match

James Dolan laughs at luxury tax.

The only people getting **** are the fans that buy tickets.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

I wonder where Lowry going to go now? How abut batum for Lowry

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts

Knicks should offer Lin the same deal but have it front loaded. I assume Lin would prefer get his money now instead of waiting 2 years for it.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

Knicks should offer Lin the same deal but have it front loaded. I assume Lin would prefer get his money now instead of waiting 2 years for it.
It does not work like that the only way he can get that type of many is if it's back loaded, also the Knicks can't give him that type of contract they can only match what other teams give him.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

James Dolan laughs at luxury tax.

The only people getting **** are the fans that buy tickets.
You do realize that the luxury tax under the new CBA is going to be almost 5 times the amount over the ceiling threshold in later years?

Imagine being $20 million over the luxury tax and then having to fork over almost $100 million to David Stern and his cronies every year. Even Dolan will feel it in his ass if he has to do that.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

I wonder if the Rockets are thinking about all of Yao's homeboys when they make this move. I don't know how that impacts them financially, but they must have a great many fans in the People's Republic.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

You do realize that the luxury tax under the new CBA is going to be almost 5 times the amount over the ceiling threshold in later years?

Imagine being $20 million over the luxury tax and then having to fork over almost $100 million to David Stern and his cronies every year. Even Dolan will feel it in his ass if he has to do that.
Thats the repeater rate and the Knicks don't have to worry about that because they were not over the Luxury tax last year, they only have to worry about that in 2016 when most of their salaries will be off the books.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts

I wonder if the Rockets are thinking about all of Yao's homeboys when they make this move. I don't know how that impacts them financially, but they must have a great many fans in the People's Republic.
while i'm sure that doesn't hurt, it probably has more to do with lowry wanting out and not coming to terms with dragic. lin makes a lot of basketball sense to be the next option in free agency.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

Haha wow, Dallas and Knicks are getting so screwed this F.A.
Aren't the Knicks pursuing Felton now? Plus they have Lin's rights. Dallas, though, yes, is screwed.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

HowardBeckNYT
The Rockets have agreed to terms with Jeremy Lin, who intends to sign offer sheet, according to person briefed on talks. Terms unknown.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts

Yeah, Dolan could care less. Look at how many years hes been paying the luxury tax. Marketing Lin will pay for his contract, easily. It wont cover the tax penalty, but again I doubt Dolan cares that much.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

WojYahooNBA Lin offer sheet will be a three year deal, with team option for the fourth, league source tells Y!
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Lin's deal will be worth $9.3M "poison pill" third year of deal, league source tells Y!
Offer sheet for Lin will pay him $5M in year one, $5.2M in year two and $9.3M in years three and again in team option year four, source says.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

This is pretty much the same deal Landry Fields got from the Raptors but with a team option for a 4th year.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

How much is the 4th year? It seems like it'd be around 6, but who knows.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

Knicks should match just to force the Rockets into a sign-and-trade. Rockets can hand over some depth to replace Fields, and maybe even get a pick or something out of it too. Knicks could then continue by signing Felton, with Kidd backing up. That's the best move forward for the Knicks IMO.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

Can't sign and trade Lin.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts