Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Precise value of offer TBD but Knicks will have three days to match once Fields signs July 11. Deal likely to have Year 3 spike a la Asik

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Raps trying to block any NY/PHX s/t if he chose them? lol. Fields was brought up as a part of something possibility going back to PHX.

Not that I care about either scenario.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sources say that the three-year deal offer sheet to Fields, with the Year 3 jump a la Omer Asik, approaches $20 million

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Sources say that the three-year deal offer sheet to Fields, with the Year 3 jump a la Omer Asik, approaches $20 million

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
This threw me when I first read it, I thought he meant the final year approached 20 mill. now that would've been ridiculous

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Landry also played quite nicely when Melo was out, 10ppg and 5rbg off 47%. I would expect him to start unless Ross beats him out.

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts
This was absolutely not about Landry Fields, this was about Steve Nash. The Raptors have now effectively removed the Knicks as a serious contender for Nash by eliminating the sign and trade option with Landry Fields. Now the Knicks can't pay Nash much more than $3M instead of the $8M they could pay in the sign and trade. The dominos will fall now with Nash going to Toronto and Lin resigning with the Knicks. Smart play by the Raptors if they end up with Nash.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
this didn't quite work out for the raptors eh? now they're stuck with landry fields and still miss out on steve nash. if the guy doesn't want to sign with you for 36million, getting landry fields to screw another team's chance won't make a difference. there's still 28 other teams he could go to.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
If I'm the Knicks and the deal is 3 years 20 mil, I say see ya Landry, and screw the raptors by having to take him.

Then resign Lin. And laugh at both the rockets and Raptors.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
If I'm the Knicks and the deal is 3 years 20 mil, I say see ya Landry, and screw the raptors by having to take him.

Then resign Lin. And laugh at both the rockets and Raptors.
This is by far the most likely scenario in my mind.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts