Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

TWITTER: Reggie Evans to Brooklyn

651 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jayk009 
#1 ·
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Brooklyn has agreed to a 3-year, $5M sign-and-trade for Reggie Evans, sources tell Y! The Clippers will get a distant future 2nd round pick.

#7 ·
Evans would be a short-minute backup, it's why he's making less than 2 million a year. The jumpshooter from Bosnia they just signed would be the guy playing alongside Dwight for the majority of the game. For the record, I think Howard winds up somewhere else, but it isn't like they're bringing in Evans to be the starter.

#8 ·
It looked to me that they are bringing in a couple of backup forwards, which meant they intended to ship out Lopez and Humphries in a Dwight trade. That was my take.

#10 ·
Yeah, but the most that Lopez's 2013 contract can be for, without invoking the BYC rules, is a little over $5 million. But unless it has an Asik/Fields style third year for like $27 million there's no way that Pouffy gets less than 3/36 on the open market. And who the hell wants to be paying Lopez $27 million for one year? That's nearly half the freaking salary cap.

So Lopez has to get a market deal, but that means that another team needs to be involved to either take Lopez in exchange for pieces that Orlando wants or to facilitate the deal. But they don't do that for free. Then you need yet another team to take the second ugliest Kardashian sister because the Magic have no interest in him. And suddenly this is up to a four team trade. Too many moving parts.

#12 ·
I don't know how the Clippers can replace him and Kenyon. Neither of them is really that great a player right now, but they were playing freaking Brian Cook at PF before they got them. That was just nauseating too. I think they had a rookie last year who might be able to play a little bit of a stretch four, but I am not sure. If Odom plays the way he did last year they'll be in a really bad place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.